Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Building a HW35LGV

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Chief

If you look at the Knibbs serial number list the transitional models are listed for MK1/2 but only for .177" for MK3/4, yours being a GI is listed as just a MK4 but these serial number lists can be wrong :-

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/content/87/BSA/

I'll have to check out the serial number list given by John Walters in "The Airgun Book" to see if that is different to Knibbs.

The MK1 and MK2 definitely have an air inlet hole at the rear of the cylinder's stroke, I'm not sure on the MK3 or later without looking.
    This little hole is needed to allow air into the cylinder when the tap is in the open position when cocking, it is possible to create a vacuum in the cylinder if the hole is blocked.

All the best Mick
    The version I have has the bleed hole, whether is a MK3/4 with bits of mainly a 4 I don't mind, it hasn't the loading tap of the 4,

I am still after a loading plate index plate countersunk screw, if any one knows where to source one, Knibbs only offer one that fits but with a cheese head.

The screw I need is very similar to that long screw bolt you get holding a Yale lock on your door,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I could get one of those is blue steel id be singing
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quick bump for Jimny4x4.

Have a read of this, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!