Moving things around the other day, I noticed a 'stick on label' 10cm x 6cm on a pistol box. Basically a Union Jack with an oval inside containing a large number '20' and the words AirGun World, (20) great years 1977 - 1997. Hey ho ... memories.
Plus ... anyone remember the AirGunner Club? I still have a red baseball cap from those days ... plus a camo one with AirGunner on it. I can't remember what became of the Club. I think in those days Airgun World and Air Gunner were run by different companies with one taking over the other at sometime. I think Airgun World was the first to appear. But i have memories of another magazine : Sporting Air Rifle? from that era. One of them used to contain lists of winners of FT competitions (boring reading to me then); winners usually adding a prestigious new rifle to their collections ... (Nick Jenkinson was a name I remember winning a lot). I also remember the fledgling HFT coming into being: the format being to use 'sporting rifles' in a hunting situation ... non of your fancy FT rigs that even then people thought were very much elitist and would give HFT shooters an unfair advantage.
How times change.
Cheers, Phil