Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
Like many, I own both a multi shot PCP and some classic springers. I am sure that when Airgun World first appeared, the lack of available PCPs obviously accounts for the lack of "technical" guns in the magazines content. As field target shooting gained in popularity, it was only a matter of time before those competing started to consider the use of hand tuned springers that were capable of competing with the best shooters at the time.

For me, this was the golden age of spring powered development as tuning companies such as Airmasters and Venom started to produce items that not only shot beautifully, but looked like the true works of gun art that they are. The magazines at the time,for those of us fortunate enough to have a few knocking about for a swift dose of nostalgia including "Sporting Air Rifle", "Airgun World" and "Airgunner" are still a great read for those of us who have fond memories of those times. Younger readers might not agree however. I have said it before, but I genuinely think that the magazines produced today do as good a job as possible of reflecting the interests of all of us. Just imagine how hard it must be to try and maintain this balance for the benefit of all enthusiasts, at all levels of experience. I reckon they manage to do a pretty good job.

Andy
Yes i agree with that. The magazine maintaining a balance for all aspects for the modern shooter, technical advancement and the PC wolves.... as it should be.......just somewhat compromised within that for us old timers i suppose..