Thread: Browning Maxus 28 inch Composite

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Shot plenty through mine, faultless. Best SA on the market imo.
    Been Pigeon shooting a couple of times with it and it is a fabulous Hide Gun, still no jams and munching long birds with just the 1/4 choke in it.

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    i got the carbon fibre in fac,very nice gun

Iv got a Maxus 31/2 inch magnum in camo for wild fowling .
    28"barrel . After a few trips it did develop a tendency to misfire
    for no apparent reason . Possibly the trigger is to blame . I carefully clean it after every trip .
    Not got to the bottom of it yet as not had the time .
    My pal who goes with me takes a 3 1/2 in magnum hatsan in camo .
    Less than half the price and goes bang every time .
    The Maxus had a massive amount of marketing when it came out , but in my view , does nothing the Hatsan doesn't do in a simpler , cheaper way !

me too

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    me too!!! looks the biz and works faultlessly
    Air arms s410 fac cz455 hmr17 cz style 22lr fac browning maxus carbon12g 5 shot

I got a 26" barrelled 3.5" magnum in duckblind in cammo about 8 weeks ago.

Done over 800 cartidges mainly on the spring drillings crows and pigeon.

I have to say I shoot a over and under much better, I have altered the stock in every way possible to suit but it don't fit me like a beretta but Im pretty big with long arms.

Anyhow in the first early stages I had a few jams but I found a few sharp edges inside so I smoothed them over with a diamond file and haven't had a jam since.

The gun is running in well, and is low recoiling now but there was definatley a run in period.

I have to admit I struggled like hell with it at first wondering if it was the fit of the stock as I was hitting birds and not killing cleanly, I swapped to 3/4 choke and bang that was it, anyone shooting pigeons and crows with one of these should definitely try 3/4 choke as Ive shot crows cleanly out to 60yrd.

maxus

i've just bought the maxus hunter 28inch barrel..if i have any problems, do i need to open and check for any sharp edges and smooth them out to prevent problems?

No mate you shouldn't do it was just mine had a small burr where a pin had been knocked in from the factory, but I couldn't be arsed driving 100 miles back to the gunshop where I bought it from for them to send it away to browning for 2 months, for a tiny little burr so I smoothed it out myself.

It was just the run in period of 250 rounds that it failed to fully eject a few shots it never failed on me just took a bit off running in, best thing to do is strip it to the core immediately and take all the factory grease from it and just run it with a light coat of oil on all bearing surfaces.

If you find any sharp edges just keep and eye on them like anything else, sharp adges on moving parts are never good.

Saying that on a £1150 semi you shouldn't need to be doing anything yourself, but touch wood my gun hasn't failed to cycle anything since.

maxus

ok brilliant, thanks for the advice :0

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    +1
    been brilliant ...run it in with 32s faultless since....

Cool semis cart pick ups

i use a Napier big foot for picking up the spent carts works a treat...

Maxus

I ran mine on with 50g carts, it now chews through 67mm eley firsts no issues what so ever, that's more than I can say for my old beretta 303, I only bought the eleys as they were on sale at the clay club and I was getting low, they wouldn't have been my first choice, but no issues and very soft to shoot, shame I lost my job as May gave to flog it

After using it for over a year now for Decoyed Pigeons and Crows my opinion hasn't changed, superb gun and with 32 grm loads or over no reliability issues at all which is pretty good for a 3 1/2 inch chambered gun.