Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning Maxus 28 inch Composite

I have found the same, 30 grm had a few jams but 32 grm no issues.

Great guns.

I was told recently I should have gone for a 3" chambered gun instead of 3.5" as the smaller chamber cycle more variety of rounds.

But its run in nicely now Ive got every confidence it would cycle clay rounds, but I haven't tried it yet

Bought it in duckblind cammo and its 26" for hunting only so Ill stick to the beretta OU for the clays don't want any funny looks.

i have just bought one in 3" composite with a 28" barrel,early christmas present to myself.will have a go with it on sunday,just hope it will work out better than my b525 o/u which i can not get on with .well i had a go this sunday in this shite weather we are having and i got on really well with the new gun.no problems ie jams and i managed to hit a few more than normal.the gun itself is lighter than my o/u and obviously kicks less which is nice.i suffered no twitch either.loading of the gun is very easy and stripping the gun is also very easy.this was one thing that put me off a semi,only problem now is picking up those carts.i used gamebore velocity as said with no problems, looks like i should have bought one of these to start with.
    Last edited by ZaksGod; 15-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    i got the carbon fibre in fac,very nice gun
    +1
    been brilliant ...run it in with 32s faultless since....
    Air arms s410 fac cz455 hmr17 cz style 22lr fac browning maxus carbon12g 5 shot

Cool semis cart pick ups

i use a Napier big foot for picking up the spent carts works a treat...
    Air arms s410 fac cz455 hmr17 cz style 22lr fac browning maxus carbon12g 5 shot

Maxus

I ran mine on with 50g carts, it now chews through 67mm eley firsts no issues what so ever, that's more than I can say for my old beretta 303, I only bought the eleys as they were on sale at the clay club and I was getting low, they wouldn't have been my first choice, but no issues and very soft to shoot, shame I lost my job as May gave to flog it

After using it for over a year now for Decoyed Pigeons and Crows my opinion hasn't changed, superb gun and with 32 grm loads or over no reliability issues at all which is pretty good for a 3 1/2 inch chambered gun.