Thread: nasty neighbour with a crossbow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deandaystate View Post
    Morning all, just had a complaint from my next door neighbour about shooting at targets in my back garden that are more than capable of stopping pellets and preventing any ricoche saying that its dangerous when the cheeky bugger owns and shoots a crossbow into a dartboard on the side of his shed! Surely he is being more dangerous than me??
    What sort of crossbow?? If it's one of the little 80lb recurve pistol bows then its probably quite safe, despite what many will say they only put out about 4-6 FPE. If it's something bigger shooting a heavier arrow with a compound prod then neither the dartboard, shed, or fence may provide an adequate backstop.

I've shot an arrow clean through 4mm thick steel plate at 120 yards from my 59lb target compound bow (Not a crossbow, a proper bow). Quite impressive but it wrecked a £20 arrow from a matched dozen.

I don't reckon your in the wrong at all as long as you are shooting safely, certainly the crossbow has a worse image than an airgun in the eyes of populace and there is very little reason to own one. Certainly shooting one in the garden gives you little to complain about if your neighbour is shooting airguns.
    Last edited by blooregard; 31-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich