Thread: Air Arms TX200HC walnut stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hunter88 is offline Hunter Field 'Tree' Shooter
    I miss mine so Bad looks just like the one on the YouTube vid too

Should never of sold it
    http://www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk/ SiHFT Winners 2008 2009 2010

Last night, I part-stripped my standard TX / HC and degreased just the mainspring and guides, before relubricating them with Maccari tar, and reassembling.

And although it's immediately obvious it's not as good as a V-Mach kitted one, it has reduced the slight spring-twang it had upon firing.

edbear2 Guest
    The one thing I have done to mine to make it easier to use...and PLEASE NOTE, this is my gun, and I NEVER take my hand off the cocking lever at any time during loading (having been brought up on pre-safety guns like the Airsporter and Webley MK3), is to disable the bear trap by the simple, non permanent inserting of a "spring" made from a doubled up slice of old credit card inserted behind the opposite end of the rocking lever to the side where you depress with your thumb.

You still have the trigger safety of course!...It makes it nice and quiet to cock (although you can depress the lever when cocking, I find it a faff).

I see many people loading these guns with no hand on the cocking lever because they have the beartrap system, I know a double failure is a real long shot, but to me it is bad gun practice, and I understand that in the USA, if you are seen doing this on their FT circuit, you are instantly disqualified.

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 03-01-2013 at 01:26 PM.

I have a MkII HC in .22 and a B40 in .22. The TX i have is 22 years old now and a real joy to use TX is just all round fantastic and the B40 is a good copy but not on the same level in quality
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

I really couldnt decide between the prosport andthe TX. Simples. I have both!!!!

Both in 177 and they are an equal joy to shoot, OK the TX is more user friendly to cock, but the PS just looks so good. My PS has a walnut stock and a Ginb engraved brass trigger gaurd, looks fantastic!!!!
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Oh dear!!!

Looks like I am going to have to get one now.

And I promised myself I would only ever be a "one gun man."

Atb.

Going to the effort of fitting a V-Mach or Vortek kit is well worth the effort, as it takes the TX200 upto another level in terms of smoothness and user-friendliness.