Thread: Webley Omega project

Webley Omega project

Bought myself a 22 Omega just before Christmas in good nick but nowhere near as mint as my 177. This is perfect since my plans are to mod it with shortened barrel, possibly bull barrel, upgraded internals, refinished stock with an oil finish and darker stain, adjustable butt pad, brass set back trigger and anything else that takes my fancy.

I'm sure some Omega purists will shrink back in horror, but as I've said, I've got a mint standard 177 that will stay unmolested. There's a bit of marking on the barrel end and stock so it will need some work anyway. This is going to be my fun gun

Picture of standard gun before the work commences:

If anyone's got any recommendations for tasteful mods or upgrades, please let me know.

FTBM
    Webley Omega 177; Omega 22
    Gamo Falcon 177

Webley Omega

I have one in .22 caliber also. I am trying to keep mine all original, so I don't have much to offer in the way of mods. I did change out the spring guide to a slightly larger one so that it would fit snug on the spring. I also changed out the piston seal, replacing the PTFE seal with a new one from Maccari.
    I'm sending you an e-mail.
    God Bless,
    Scott

nice gun where did you find it been after one for ages

Hello

I have been intending to tastefully update my Omega for ages so wish you the best of luck/fun with this project.

I phoned Custom Stocks in Sheffield some time ago and they still thought they had the pattern for the Omega stock so they could possibly run up a custom walnut one? My plan was to rebuild/mildly tune it; then if it responded to this I would get it reblued; then if it looked good I would treat it to a new stock (if I could afford it) or refinish the original stock.

As I haven't found the time to do it yet I am thinking I might speak with Sandwell Field Sports to see what they can do and at what cost so that I can start saving up for them to do it.

I think quality break barrels like the Omega look good in a sporter stock, with a low mounted classic looking scope and a plaited leather sling. I think I probably want to create something that I could imagine seeing John Darling using when I used to read the Airgun mags as a kid.

Cheers

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Some nice ideas. would love to buy a standard 22 carbine to keep them company, but that wouldnt be very popular

Innards will be upgraded and fettled, but would like a Custom Stock in some nice walnut. Initially will do the mechanical work, then the aesthetics. But agree that a plaited leather esling would nice touch, along with a classic 2-7x32 scope?!?

Open sights for sale as per link

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....en-iron-sights

Thanks
    FTBM
    Webley Omega 177; Omega 22
    Gamo Falcon 177