Thread: weaver b4 scope with parker hale universal mount

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

weaver b4 scope with parker hale universal mount

hi all,happy new year to one and all. i aquired this steel weaver b4 scope with its parker hale mount about 30 years ago afixed to a rifle i have long since forgotten about.the combination as you will see from the pics allows the scope to be fixed to an air rifle by the drilling and tapping of 2 holes in the rear of the compression tube but set back enough so it does not intrude into the swept area.i have offered it up to my collection of pre-war bsa,s and can see no problem with fitting it to any of them.i imagine it would fit almost any rifle.the scope is in good order ,a bit dim as are all 3/4" scopes in poor light,but it has lovely fine crosshairs and on a nice bright day is very usable.the objective lens appears to have some coating seperation and i expect stripping and cleaning the scope would improve its overall performance.it has some rust speckling but blueing is good.the objective locking ring has some marring where an attempt has been made to undo it by some ungifted soul.the parker hale alloy mount is in good used condition although it does have 2 different sets of scope clamp screws.
    i was keeping this for when my eyes get too feeble to use the irons but i have decided if it has any value i will let it go.perhaps the gentlemen of collectors corner can advise of value.i will not split them as the mount is useless without the scope.cheers greasemonkey

Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!