Thread: weaver b4 scope with parker hale universal mount

weaver b4 scope with parker hale universal mount

hi all,happy new year to one and all. i aquired this steel weaver b4 scope with its parker hale mount about 30 years ago afixed to a rifle i have long since forgotten about.the combination as you will see from the pics allows the scope to be fixed to an air rifle by the drilling and tapping of 2 holes in the rear of the compression tube but set back enough so it does not intrude into the swept area.i have offered it up to my collection of pre-war bsa,s and can see no problem with fitting it to any of them.i imagine it would fit almost any rifle.the scope is in good order ,a bit dim as are all 3/4" scopes in poor light,but it has lovely fine crosshairs and on a nice bright day is very usable.the objective lens appears to have some coating seperation and i expect stripping and cleaning the scope would improve its overall performance.it has some rust speckling but blueing is good.the objective locking ring has some marring where an attempt has been made to undo it by some ungifted soul.the parker hale alloy mount is in good used condition although it does have 2 different sets of scope clamp screws.
    i was keeping this for when my eyes get too feeble to use the irons but i have decided if it has any value i will let it go.perhaps the gentlemen of collectors corner can advise of value.i will not split them as the mount is useless without the scope.cheers greasemonkey

Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

hi all,obviously not something of great interest then!i will stick it back in the drawer for another 30yrs or might even try to navigate the perils of evil bay with it..cheers..greasemonkey

edbear2 Guest
    HI, Just seen this so sorry for any delay

They sell a lot of these scopes in the USA, and they only go for between $15-$45 at auction. They seem to do best with the original "tip off" mount (think a rolled steel jobbie a bit like on the old BSA / Webley 1970's scopes, but better made). The B6 model seems to do better.

That said, that Parker Hale 3/4" mounting is an interesting looking bit of kit, much better made than the original mounts, and although I have no idea of what it could fetch, P/H stuff of any description normally does really well, so it may well be worth putting it on the evilplace as you may get a nice surprise, especially if you list it in also in Australia and the USA (both places where period stuff for .22 rimfires has a strong following).

The buyers in both Australia and the USA will bid very high for that special thing they want, and I imagine a mount like that would be quite a rarity in both places.

This is from my experience of selling to both countries, but pack and weigh carefully before listing, and only offer international signed for or airsure options.

HTH,

Regards, Ed

thanks edbear,for your imformative reply,i did not think the scope was worth a fortune although they are nicely made,but like you i have never seen this kind of mount anywhere else.interestingly it has made in australia on the mount .i may well take your advice and put them on that well known auction site,a happy new year to you and thanks again for your advice ..cheers..greasemonkey

I've got one of those mounts, its a Parker Hale Empire Side Mount for the Aussie Sportomatic and similar rifles.
    Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

hi silva ,thanks for that.it came to me attached to a pre-war air rifle but which one has vanished into the mists of time and memory,nice to know its original designation,cheers..greasemonkey

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I've got one of those mounts, its a Parker Hale Empire Side Mount for the Aussie Sportomatic and similar rifles.
    Cheers
    Great on here ain't it.......no matter what someone asks.....someone will know

Best regards, M

ATB, Ed