Thread: drop in aim point

drop in aim point

Hi guys wonderd if any one could help I have recently fitted a new scope and a rowan air stripper to my aa s400 the aim points are as they should be up to 50 yards which is 1 and a half mildots then when you aim at 55 yards the aim point drops to 3 mildots the only thing I can think it is,is the air stripper needs adjusting and the temperature dropped as well has anyone got any thoughts cheers guys

Are you sure you didn't alter the mag' for 55 yards, dear?

If not, what scope, what pellets, and what's it doing over the chrono?

Did not alter the mag it was kept at 12 x for each shot the scope is a hawke varmint sf

Well it seems a sudden drop-off past 50 yds, doesn't it...

I think you may need to continue your own R&D...

Do you use Chairgun on the computer?

Do you know the MV with your choice of pellet?

Just a thought - High mounts will make the trajectory less parabolic at long range...

Where you say the aim points are "as they should be" according to who/what exactly ??

If you are comparing them to your previous scope then it's just showing the difference between the two sets of glass.
    If the MV is identical the same pellet should follow the same tragectory, obviously if the stripper has effected the MV the tragectory will change.

A head/tail wind or rain in the air will also effect a pellets tragectory.

Not having owned a Hawke Varmint, are the mildots true mildots at 12x mag?

You need to get a MV reading, then the things to check are... have you twisted the barrel while fitting the stripper?. What's the MV, with and without the stripper? What's the actual drop in inches (not mildots) between 50 and 55 yards. Or better still, what's the drop between your zero range and 50 & 55 yards.

Hi Buck, just been talking to lesj on the phone. I'm wondering if there's a fault with the side wheel, and when you focus at 55 yds, the erector tube "jumps" a bit, changing the POI? This can also happen if you change the mag zoom, but as you're keeping on 12X, it can't be that. Perhaps we can sort it out on Sunday.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

hi gus

Yeah that would be great if you could have a look but been looking at my hawke ballistic calculator and it says that at 12 x mag at 55 yards it should be around 3 mildots so it may be right but if you could have a look I would appreciate it
    Thanks
    Buck