Thread: crosman 2200 magnum anybody had a good one

crosman 2200 magnum anybody had a good one

I saved up as a kid and bought a ....crosman 2200 magnum .. What a name its gotta be good hasnt it !!!!!!!
    Within a month the plastic stock acted like a door hinge as it wore itself loose , it being wedged between the two diecast silver coloured side plates. Fishing line wrapped around the joint and araldite sorted that
    The plastic cocking bolt had eventualy bent itself back so far that it had to be snapped off , a flat blade screwdriver used to force the remaining bolt action back sorted that
    The tappered barrel shroud worked loose revealing a straw of a barrel , araldite sorted that
    It started to leak , and eventualy wouldnt pump at all THE BIN SORTED THAT!!!!!

it was great for the first day

Has anybody still got one that works ????

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've had two and I've been very happy with both! The first was when I was a kid and it was much more accurate and powerful than my mates airsporter, and the second I bought about 6 years ago for my daughter. We've shot loads of woodies with it!
    (And rats and rabbits and chickens)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

mmmmmm im thinking i was a rough heavy handed kid now

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyn View Post
    mmmmmm im thinking i was a rough heavy handed kid now

There's a definate amount of "gentle" it needs, especially if you're intrepid enough to try and fit a scope to it. But I've not broken one yet.......
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I have one but I am keeping it well away from you Tony!

It was a article by rod lynton in airgun world that prompted the purchase , I got to say though it was more than pokey enough for the usual airgun quarry , I belive that the model1 was the same gun with a wooden stock and black side plates

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I have one but I am keeping it well away from you Tony!
    Hahahahaha i dont blame you ,,, cant i just have a little hold

It was a article by rod lynton in airgun world that prompted the purchase , I got to say though it was more than pokey enough for the usual airgun quarry , I belive that the model1 was the same gun with a wooden stock and black side plates
    I had a Model 1 until two years ago. Walnut stock (supposedly), black receiver, Williams open sights.
    Will have to report back later, as got to go out with the Mrs down town now....It was okay, the major drawback being the very creepy trigger, and they're right little buggers to take to bits to tweak.

I think the pump-up pistol platform is FAR superior.....Doddle to work on, far better trigger (and that trigger is so easy to tweak). You can now buy new, over here, the 1322 pistol, the .22 version of the 1377.

Stick a steel breech conversion on it and shoulder stock and you have yourself a very accurate, recoilless little tool.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It was his fault I bought a 766 in the early 80s, 18 pumps to get a bit over 11 ft/lbs was what he said......loved it to bits though, it had the same trigger as the 2200, it's some sort of modified gate-latch I think they used, and I reduced the creep by wrapping masking tape round the sear and the pull weight by bending the trigger spring and cutting the sear spring down a little, a bit of polishing and it wasn't to bad.