Thread: anic skif a3000 - hhhhhelp

anic skif a3000 - hhhhhelp

about a month ago i bought the above (along with a couple of other things like 4 co2 cartridges) on this bbs from acholmes2000. when i put the co2 in 3 of the 4 leaked and i assumed it was the seal but i managed to get about 60 shots from the 4 and put it away whilst i had a look on the internet for a new seal. in the meantime i sent off for a new supply of co2 cartridges.

cartridges duly arrived and yesterday was nice and sunny so i took it out and put a cartridge in - no immediate leak that i could hear - excellent. so i put it down and started to put the pellets into the magazine when i could hear a very faint hiss from the gun, picked it up and was about to put it to my ear when it exploded. the force being sufficient to blow most of the top and side of the valve case away and the slide was ripped off the gun breaking off the rear slide fittings and part of the front.

the case says "imported by brocock" but they are obviously busy as they have not yet replied to my email and anyway they no longer advertise anic so i would really appreciate any suggestions as to who i can source a relacement valve case and slide etc.

oh, if anyone actually has a damaged gun or even the parts laying around......
    Last edited by blackeagles; 03-03-2010 at 02:03 PM.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I think Brocock's pistol gunsmith still has valve units, I'm not sure about slides or frames though,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

skif

hi chambers do some spares for the skif .they have a parts plan for it as well .regards mark

thanks for the suggestions.

its funny how having the guns slide and part of the valve case flying past your ear propelled by an 800psi co2 cartridge can put you off somewhat.

i read someones old post about brocock having/had a brass valve case for this pistol so i have emailed them although since they have not yet replied to an earlier email im not expecting much.

chambers have very useful diagrammes of many pistols and rifles and an expansive stock holding so i may have to deal with them allbeit that i now have a distrust of the 'poorly' made cast ali. (or whatever it is) unit.

of course there is always the 'rubbish' box in the back of the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by blackeagles View Post
    i have emailed them although since they have not yet replied to an earlier email im not expecting much.
    I had no joy with an e-mail to Brocock some time ago and other people have reported the same. They are excellent on the phone though so it may be worth giving them a ring.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    I had no joy with an e-mail to Brocock some time ago and other people have reported the same. They are excellent on the phone though so it may be worth giving them a ring.
    thanks, i will try them this weekend (assuming they work sat.)

Unhappy hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

it will be cheaper to buy another gun,,,parts are expensive,,i nwanted a valve myself,was gonna cost me £28 and it had to be delivered to a licenced firearms dealer,,wouldnt wanna think the price of a slide

If you get stuck,I've a spare good black slide in my bits box..£12.00 posted

ATVB
    Pete

EDIT
    All gone now
    Last edited by PALADIN; 04-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

2003 Skif

I have just purchased secondhand a 2003 made skif a3000. I believe I heard somewhere that this exploding valve problem only affected later built models, thats why importers stopped supplying them, is this true? I was on another airgun site just now and there was , I believe, a 2012 post with photos of the remains of his pistol where exactly the same thing had happened. It looked like a hand grenade had gone off in the valve slide area, metal every where. Easy to see how one could lose an eye or worse if your face was too close when it went off. Approx 500 shots had passed through that particular gun.

Trouble is when you hear a leak you always bring the gun up to your face for a look and listen.
    I have had a seal blown into my face in the past.

Arms length!

Also never try and get a capsule out of a gun when it is still under pressure.
    I can show you an inch long dent in a steel roof caused by a Tau 7 end cap which just missed the gallant amateur fixer. Not me - I would have stopped him.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Yes

I got the skif in the post this morning, put in a co2 heard a slight leak, put it to my ear to check, instinct, but AT ARMS LENGTH. Never heard of things exploding with co2 before. I think as users of many many co2 bulbs one under estimates and does not realise just how much pressure and power there is stored in one of these things. The photos of what was left of that skif that exploded certainly opened my eyes and has made me more cautious.