Thread: Diopter sight sunshade?

Diopter sight sunshade?

Not sure if thats what they're called, so apologies if not Anyone any idea where i can buy one of the rubber extensions that fit on the sight to block some light getting in, as in the picture?

[IMG][/IMG]

Intershoot have these Anschutz rubber eyepieces.

Chamber's may have some for the Weihrauch diopter.

Which specific diopter do you have?

You can also use a "blinder", these can be bought or just use a piece of card/plastic and go DIY. HTH

Not sure of the make of diopter to be honest, it came on my recently purchased 75 Wondered if anyone's got one laying around they no longer need?

Without knowing which sight, and more importantly which rear iris is fitted, it's difficult to help I'm afraid.

The correct rear sight is the Diopter Model 75. You can see it in these photos from Zooma's website. It can also be seen here showing the original rear iris in the second photo down.

A photo would be very helpful. I have a variety of diopters and eyecups and can then see what fits etc.

Ok I'll get some pics sorted

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

That is the correct diopter for your rifle, and the rear iris is also correct.

I have the same iris for my Original 66. The outer, knurled, edge is 25.6mm diameter and the inner lip is 25.0mm diameter.

I've tried 3 different rubber eye cups (Anschutz/Feinwerkbau/Walther) and all fit securely. Some were easier than others to fit, but all would do the job.

It might be worth calling someone like Intershoot to confirm the dimensions to be sure before purchasing. Few competitive shooters seem to use them anymore and they can be hard to find.

I found the iris aperture to be too small for use on our dimly lit targets and replaced it with an adjustable unit in the end, but if it works for you have fun shooting your Giss-gun, there's nothing quite like them. HTH
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 14-01-2013 at 09:28 AM.