Thread: In praise of Webley air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I intend to unleash my own Wobbly Premier onto an unsuspecting audience at a certain 10m range tomorrow evening. Dont care that she is in the man's calibre as it is just so much fun to shoot, ( but not as much fun as my current fave BSA Magnum 240!)

Gerard, I can well remember spending many nights attempting to get my own kids to sleep while perched on the edge of the bed. I found that a large dose of Calpol and the wearing of ear protectors worked well. I still enjoy the Calpol!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I intend to unleash my own Wobbly Premier onto an unsuspecting audience at a certain 10m range tomorrow evening. Dont care that she is in the man's calibre as it is just so much fun to shoot, ( but not as much fun as my current fave BSA Magnum 240!)

Gerard, I can well remember spending many nights attempting to get my own kids to sleep while perched on the edge of the bed. I found that a large dose of Calpol and the wearing of ear protectors worked well. I still enjoy the Calpol!

Andy
    That explains a lot about your James (and his puffy watch). Ten minutes over the gas ring did the same thing cheaper round this way.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Had to look up Calpol, as it's not marketed here under that name. Yikes! Reminds me of my sister-in-law's habit of feeding her kid 'Children's Tylenol' syrup throughout her early years. Scary stuff. My kid's never been near that kind of thing and he's doing just fine un-medicated. But you're saying YOU were downing the stuff? Still... yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Had to look up Calpol, as it's not marketed here under that name. Yikes! Reminds me of my sister-in-law's habit of feeding her kid 'Children's Tylenol' syrup throughout her early years. Scary stuff. My kid's never been near that kind of thing and he's doing just fine un-medicated. But you're saying YOU were downing the stuff? Still... yikes.
    I think Amacs comments re Calpol were a bit tongue in cheek.

I know for a fact that he over doses on Sanatogen.

ATB
    Ian

You've got me looking that one up as well. Dangers of joining a forum out of one's own continent I suppose. So which one, 'mum to be'? ;-)

As Ian has suggested Gerard, Calpol was the medicine of the moment for when kids were teething or generally had a temperature. Mild paracetamol apparently. I was only joking regarding me taking the stuff as I much prefer to send myself to sleep these days with old copies of Airgun World that I have bound and always to hand.

Looking at my own three boys (late twenties ish) I wonder if the application of Calpol has had some lasting effect as they are more of a pain now than they were then! The eldest, as Ian has said, actually wears a white watch!!!! Ye-Gods.

Anyway, looking forward to some card blasting fun with Wobbly and Magnum this evening. Look out Jones!!!!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Not long bought myself this.

My neighbour appeared with it one day and asked if I was interested in buying it.

Logun Mk2 Professional Karbine .22 MTC Taipan 4-16x50.
    Original Model 45 .22 AGS Tru Hunter 3-9x50.
    BSA Mercury Mk1 3-9x50 AGS

Picked myself this up just the other week there.

Logun Mk2 Professional Karbine .22 MTC Taipan 4-16x50.
    Original Model 45 .22 AGS Tru Hunter 3-9x50.
    BSA Mercury Mk1 3-9x50 AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Anyway, looking forward to some card blasting fun with Wobbly and Magnum this evening. Look out Jones!!!!

Andy
    Unfortunately Andys Wobbly pistol didn't live up to expectations http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=1 and had to be replaced by something far more suitable, something more robust, cheaper but not as common, a Nori house brick.
    The club 'Gladys' inspected the Wobbly for a good 30 minutes http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=0and came to his expert conclusion - "Its broken" R.I.P. (Rust In Peace). http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=2