Thread: In praise of Webley air pistols

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    At a guess Gerard,If you are sure you have put it together right and ( hooky bit of sear spring on the sear and the leg of it goes up to the relieved bit of the trigger guard) the trigger and sear might not be aligned. Turn your gun upside down and have a look at the trigger and sear. You should be able to see the long leg of the sear,between the trigger and the sear stop pin. If you cannot see it then you need to pull the trigger and fiddle with a small screwdriver or rod and push on the short bit of the sear to rotate it until the long leg is visible and then release the trigger. With this though, the barrel usually gets just over vertical, maybe 100-110 degrees to the cylinder. If everything looks ok, then before you strip the gun again to look if the sear spring is broken, look at the trigger adjusting allen screw. These often undo and can foul on the trigger guard when cocking. These sounds more like you 132 degree thing. If it is fouling, then a touch of thread lock and wind the screw in.
    Hi Guy & All,
    I too am into this Tempest thing , Having been presented with one at a very fair price for my HPA " Webley "
    ( Thanks mate )

I can see what the talk is about with the trigger , I do not know ! But it looks like it has to be cocked to work !
    I mention this as its awkward to keep inserting & Removing the piston,
    Guy,s kind words & Info have helped a great deal,

On to the Tempest, Its a small piston with a plastic seal, Its only going to make about 3-4 Fpe at the most, Even in .22 , ( As this one is )
    It does have a long cocking stroke albeit with a small OD spring ,
    I am quite impressed with the gun, The short length ( Aided by the overcocking design ) & a good barrel length ,

I do not know about the remainder of the Webley pistol range, guessing they are the same, Or very similiar,
    This design is Ideal for a Hpa/Co2 conversion ? ( I am making the piston as we speak ) It will have a short cocking stroke, & Very light main spring & will look identical
    ( Almost Ha ha ) Power !!!!!! An easily limited 6 Fpe,
    Ged.

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 14-11-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Had to insert " I do not "