Thread: In praise of Webley air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My first Webley was a Hurricane bought 20 years ago. Good pistol but my favorite fun 22 has been a 1938 Colt Woodsman designed by John Browning, a classic. My goal in getting back into airguns has been to reproduce the feel of cartridge shooting in my backyard. Got a Webley Premier "E" last week and it gives that experience in the same blued steel. It has the same nice trigger, great grip, similar accuracy, feel and weight of my Colt. The rearward piston movement is a key I think. Similar dimensions see below;

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps9fibhcis.jpg
    Last edited by 45flint; 11-06-2017 at 01:36 PM.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    What sometimes gets me is how some of the rough guns shoot really well. The really surprising thing is that I have sort of by accident, being given bits of guns and sourced missing bits and somehow they come together into really good pistols.
    I still think it is something to do with them appreciating being given a new lease of life
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    My first Webley was a Hurricane bought 20 years ago. Good pistol but my favorite fun 22 has been a 1938 Colt Woodsman designed by John Browning, a classic. My goal in getting back into airguns has been to reproduce the feel of cartridge shooting in my backyard. Got a Webley Premier "E" last week and it gives that experience in the same blued steel. It has the same nice trigger, great grip, similar accuracy, feel and weight of my Colt. The rearward piston movement is a key I think. Similar dimensions see below;

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps9fibhcis.jpg
    Fun to bring back old posts, above I had just bought my first Webley Premier at a airgun show, since then I’ve added a few in a pretty short time. Favorite at this point probably my 1949? Transitional Senior with old style trigger, not a mark on it, shoots like new.

For some reason they are still popular, this is may mates local market stall this morning with a corner full with a wodge of Webleys.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD