Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Weirdly, the Tempest locked up again yesterday after my first shot with it in a couple of weeks. Just the same as before. I'd shot a couple of dozen pellets the week before that and no problem, but yesterday the problem recurred. I gave the sear a poke from below, just pressing with a pick and wiggling it around a bit, and it popped back into place and worked fine again to cock the pistol. I didn't shoot more as I had somewhere to go and haven't fired it since, but I'll give it a try soon and see if this keeps happening. This instance helps actually, as it makes clear that it's a problem with the sear's travel. Like it's over-travelling somehow, just a little, after firing. I might have to buy or make a new sear, once I figure out which part of it isn't quite right.
Hi Gerard---IF you are going to but spares then order a sear spring and sear. That way you could try the sear spring first to see if it cures the problem before changing the sear. I know suggested a lot already, but this does seem a sear related problem. I', assuming your trigger spring is ok?
Try swopping the sear pin for the sear stop pin, just in case it is a little bent or tight.
WITHOUT buying spares, this is what try if you feel up to it. (1) take out the trigger and lightly take a little off that bump between the trigger pin hole and the square bit that holds the sear. Also take a little off the top of the square bit as well and then lube the trigger up and retry it. http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...-Trigger-Wide/
(2) if that does not cure it then remove trigger and sear and then lightly take a bit off the front,bottom and angled bit at the back on the long leg of the sear http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...t-Pistol-Sear/
(3) if that does not work then strip again and remove the safety catch.

The reason for the first two is that maybe the bottom or back of the sear is just slightly dragging on the trigger. I cannot see (3) really affecting things if the pistol does fire, but there is always a chance the safety slot is not cut or aligned and the trigger sometimes does not fully return.