Matter of taste I suppose, but it's always seemed to me (since lusting after a Tempest in 1979 but deciding to spend my limited student resources on a Leica M2 instead) that the Hurricane's longer sight radius isn't really relevant in a pistol with a profound 'recoil' - the jumping downwards and slightly sideways which both the Tempest and Hurricane share. Putting a scope on a Tempest (after all, the Hurricane and the Tempest are the same pistol with only part of the frame and the rear sight adjustments being different) seemed then and seems still to be an absurdity. You can point as accurately as you like, but these things just aren't capable of one hole accuracy at 10 metres or more the way a proper match pistol is. So the longer sight radius of the Hurricane is a bit misleading in my opinion. There's enough sight radius with the Tempest and with the previous steel pistols to match the potential of the pistol's action, which is inherently limiting. I'm not saying that this dismisses the Hurricane, only that it seems reduced to a matter of taste - does one want a longer looking pistol or a shorter one. It's more a visual, tactile decision than a functional one.