Quote Originally Posted by pushbikeman View Post
Very interesting stuff, just a thought but has anyone got any views on the way a .177 shoots as opposed to a .22
I have always been a one handed precision target shooter and was used to shooting high quality PCP pistols, always in .177 calibre, so naturally chose this calibre when I got interested in vintage Webley spring air pistols. I did however pick up a couple of Seniors and a Premier in .22 which I didn't expect to be as accurate as their .177 counterparts. In practice this has not proved to be the case and the .22 pistols appear to just as accurate at 10 metres. I shoot H&N Match flat head pellets in .177 and RWS Hobby pellets in .22. The main thing I have found which affects accuracy in these old springers is follow through. If you hold the pistol on aim for a couple of seconds after pressing the trigger the results are improved dramatically. Of course you still need to use the correct, stance, grip, breathing, sight picture and trigger control, but I have found follow through to be most important for me anyway.

Regards

Brian