Thread: In praise of Webley air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Thank you.
    Actually I used a FWB65 which, as we all know, is a German built SPRING pistol with a good trigger and superbly engineered unlike some (no names).

You would have thought that the originator of this competitions rules would have realised that a Steyr would not be eligible for this type of competition and that my opponent, in this case Paul 'Hippo' Wray could out shoot most people with a Gat! Its sickening.

Lets see if his 'Wobbly' pistol has survived until the next round of the competition which starts on Sunday 25th Aug.

ATB
    'Wobbly killer Jones.'
    Ha Ha.....sorry I woke you up!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Ha Ha.....sorry I woke you up!
    Im always up at the crack of dinner. Countdown is breakfast T V for me.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I intend to unleash my own Wobbly Premier onto an unsuspecting audience at a certain 10m range tomorrow evening. Dont care that she is in the man's calibre as it is just so much fun to shoot, ( but not as much fun as my current fave BSA Magnum 240!)

Gerard, I can well remember spending many nights attempting to get my own kids to sleep while perched on the edge of the bed. I found that a large dose of Calpol and the wearing of ear protectors worked well. I still enjoy the Calpol!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I intend to unleash my own Wobbly Premier onto an unsuspecting audience at a certain 10m range tomorrow evening. Dont care that she is in the man's calibre as it is just so much fun to shoot, ( but not as much fun as my current fave BSA Magnum 240!)

Gerard, I can well remember spending many nights attempting to get my own kids to sleep while perched on the edge of the bed. I found that a large dose of Calpol and the wearing of ear protectors worked well. I still enjoy the Calpol!

Andy
    That explains a lot about your James (and his puffy watch). Ten minutes over the gas ring did the same thing cheaper round this way.

ATB
    Ian

Had to look up Calpol, as it's not marketed here under that name. Yikes! Reminds me of my sister-in-law's habit of feeding her kid 'Children's Tylenol' syrup throughout her early years. Scary stuff. My kid's never been near that kind of thing and he's doing just fine un-medicated. But you're saying YOU were downing the stuff? Still... yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Had to look up Calpol, as it's not marketed here under that name. Yikes! Reminds me of my sister-in-law's habit of feeding her kid 'Children's Tylenol' syrup throughout her early years. Scary stuff. My kid's never been near that kind of thing and he's doing just fine un-medicated. But you're saying YOU were downing the stuff? Still... yikes.
    I think Amacs comments re Calpol were a bit tongue in cheek.

I know for a fact that he over doses on Sanatogen.

ATB
    Ian

You've got me looking that one up as well. Dangers of joining a forum out of one's own continent I suppose. So which one, 'mum to be'? ;-)