Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
The force was with me

Last night I decided to have a little plink with a Webley Tempest that I bought after being offered it by a nice chap on here. It looked a little rough but in fair working condition. The mainspring was bent and broke when i was trying to polish the ends. Anyhow the gun was cleaned and lubed, the piston seal and breech washer were reused. I had a Typhoon mainspring knocking about so I fitted that. The trigger and sear were polished and a lighter, slightly shorter spring fitted for the trigger. After cleaning the barrel out and a few shots the other week, it started to settle in nicely.
Sorry, I was just setting the scene.
So yesterday evening after a 1 sip of wine to relax my arms, I had a plink. Shooting 2 handed, from about 7 or 8 yards, I had a few sighters at some circles drawn on a bit of cardboard. I was shooting low and slightly left. The shooting low is because it is set for shooting at bottle caps on the floor.
I set up some bottle caps and hit 14 on the trot
For my 15th shot, I stood on one leg and I pulled the shot to the right. Another 3 shots, still standing on one leg, hit the caps.
So---17 out of 18 and 3 out of 4 standing on one leg.
Next week, the blindfold
Guy, that standing on one leg shooting is only supposed to be used in the Freemasons competition, as you know only too well..tut tut.

Pete.