A bit of an update and a big "THANK YOU" to Richard H for doing a cracking bluing job on a barrel.
The Hurricane to go with the Tempest for the eldest niece was in fair nick but the barrel was a bit crappy. It was sent to Richard H who did a cracking job of bluing it. It was a case of nickel plate it or blue it. I know Richard spent a lot of time but the casting would not take nickel. However he polished it up and blued it and the casting is nearer in colour to the rest of the barrel than the original Webley job, which is matt and sticks out like a sore thumb.
I manage to get the foresight hood on without scratching the barrel at all. The barrel was cleaned out just in case and then put back on the gun.
It plinks very well although it does not feel right to me as the trigger is too heavy and the grips are not shaped to my hand---BUT---the pistol is not for me but my niece.
Anyhow, with the pistol finished, I glued a couple of wooden inserts covered in baize in the box been doing for it,
So niece now has a .177 Tempest and a .22 Hurricane, both with walnut grips and both boxed.
It,s a pity I don't have a camera, not for the boxes but to show off the bluing on the Hurricane barrel.
Thanks Richard.