Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bell target - melbourne marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Do we need to use round headed pellets then? Do we just shoot 6 shots that night then, basically?
    Not obligatory, as I read the regs, but it makes scoring easier as roundheads leave a central "pimple mark" on the target.

6 shots to count, I'd think there'll be time for a pre-competition warm up though.

There should be enough time for each competitor to shoot 2 rounds (12 shots,not including sighters) as we are using 2 targets for the match.

Roundhead pellets are preferable but not compulsory as they make scoring easier.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Walther LGR, started tweaking sights & gun to suit me, re the comp i have no doubt all you Melbourne lads will be scoring 5.1's all the way ,atb. ...mike...
    Nice one Mike - The LGR is a sweet rifle.

Don't know about the 5.1's , in our dreams maybe - a couple of weeks ago I went all evening without ringing the bell once - but had much better luck last Thursday

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Nice one Mike - The LGR is a sweet rifle.

Don't know about the 5.1's , in our dreams maybe - a couple of weeks ago I went all evening without ringing the bell once - but had much better luck last Thursday
    Gad Sir, i am shocked i thought everyone there achieved maximums , the LGR is about the only 10 mtr which isnt to heavy for me now, its not actually lighter i think its the balance & weight distribution that makes the difference, atb, ...mike...

You are absolutely spot on there Mike,It's the balance of the rifle that is the important factor - the perfect weight distribution makes the rifle feel lighter than it actually is,if you get my drift

Trophy

We have had agood idea for the inter club shield and will forward a copy of the design for you to ok when sorted Mark. Our guys are all getting a bit keen though I do think nerves will kick in on the night. What start time are you aiming ( sorry for the pun ) for?

Steve

Start time

The earlier the better folks.
    Gives Chris less time to get at the pop. Unless he's still there from a dinner time session.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Red face Good Luck

Good luck to everyone at the upcoming bell Target match!

If you are new to computation, being there is a major part of the experience.

If you are use to more intense matches, flow with it and you will have a great time.

If you worked to make this match happen, outstanding.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by blueflax View Post
    Good luck to everyone at the upcoming bell Target match!

If you are new to computation, being there is a major part of the experience.

If you are use to more intense matches, flow with it and you will have a great time.

If you worked to make this match happen, outstanding.

Ron
    Cheers Ron, I am really looking forward to the match.

Bell target is a great sport,great fun and very addictive.

Our club shoots every Thursday,but unfortunately I can't make it tonight (Sorry Boys) but will be there next Thursday for some much needed practice

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    ...will be there next Thursday for some much needed practice
    Chris posted this last week... "the Ticknall to Melbourne road is closed for a burst water main..a diversion is in place". Given the weather even if it's been repaired the area could still be interesting for those who usually use that route.

Hope to see you on Thursday Mark. Assuming I can get out of my village, no gritters, 8" of snow and a decent hill make it interesting.

I will be at the club this Thursday come hell or high water - for much needed practice and go over the running order for the Match on the 31st

Be there or be square

Don't know why i put that in

bell target

Those flashing red lights never stopped on Thurs Mac as our top shooters honed their impressive skills

John
    hold me back !!

Anyone that can put up a team always up for a freindly match.
    www.waltonlions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Anyone that can put up a team always up for a freindly match.
    www.waltonlions.co.uk

I am sure when the members have got next weeks match under their belt, then we will be looking for the next match and be in touch

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Ready and waiting