Thread: How much is this lot worth?

How much is this lot worth?

I was wondering how much these are worth

1. Wembley Senior mint condition, in original box, original (from manufacturer) target grouping, cleaning rod. Box a wee bit tatty, gunsmiths stamp, bought in Gibraltar by my grampa in 1950 when he was a esso super tanker captain whilst docked of Gibraltar.
    2. Diana Original Mod 50. Mechanically sound, good stock, could do with reblu bought in the 60's. I regard this model as one of the very best underlevers, beautiful trigger and very accurate, why people had airsporters when you could have one of these...
    3. BSA Airsporter mk1. Currently totally striped down to metal, everything original, needs blackening- barrel/cylinder.

Not selling I don't think but maybe the airsporter could go to somebody who has time to restore her.

Hi mate, i see your from nairn am in lossie, as to the airsporter i just bought one off here last week and it was complete and working but in need of a reblue or black for £100 posted which i thought was a great deal.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Pugs View Post
    I was wondering how much these are worth

1. Wembley Senior mint condition, in original box, original (from manufacturer) target grouping, cleaning rod. Box a wee bit tatty, gunsmiths stamp, bought in Gibraltar by my grampa in 1950 when he was a esso super tanker captain whilst docked of Gibraltar.
    2. Diana Original Mod 50. Mechanically sound, good stock, could do with reblu bought in the 60's. I regard this model as one of the very best underlevers, beautiful trigger and very accurate, why people had airsporters when you could have one of these...
    3. BSA Airsporter mk1. Currently totally striped down to metal, everything original, needs blackening- barrel/cylinder.

Not selling I don't think but maybe the airsporter could go to somebody who has time to restore her.
    Hello,

As always, pictures are really needed before an accurate valuation can be made.

I don't know much about the Diana, but the boxed Webley Senior in the condition you describe should fetch £350-£450 given the provenance you have and the interesting trade stamp.

The Airsporter would probably make £60-£80, either as a restoration project or something just to use as an everyday shooting example in it's present condition.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 13-01-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks chaps, just to clarify not selling at the moment, it's a big decision since all but the sporter are sentimental but maybe there will be time when I have to consider them going to a better home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugs View Post
    Thanks chaps, just to clarify not selling at the moment, it's a big decision since all but the sporter are sentimental but maybe there will be time when I have to consider them going to a better home.
    Hi,

I would definitely recommend that you hang on to the Webley Senior as apart from the sentimental appeal, it will continue to be a good financial investment.

Regards

Brian