Thread: Does anyone shoot competitively with a HW80 in HFT?

Does anyone shoot competitively with a HW80 in HFT?

Hi all

Got an HW80 that I've had fully tuned. Everyone said I should get a 97/77 but pig headedness took over, plus a love of the 80 and thats what I've got.

It's fully tuned (V-glid with 25mm reduced cylinder, breach washer conversion, V-Mach silencer etc...) the triggers now lovely after a strip and polish plus a Rowan setback straight blade. It's in a CS500 stock now as well.

I'm struggling with it a little, but think its down to not enough practise. I should probably have gone for the CS800 and also the Wegu adjustable recoil pad. Might ad the recoil pad to this one but know there's a lot of wood to be taken off.

Just want to know that someone else has competed with good success in HFT with one. Any ideas about the stock etc... 98 barrel? custom shroud?

I'm going to try a different scope set up as well...

Thanks
    Bruce

Nobody?
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

If I recall correctly, last time I ventured over to the Quarry to shoot open HFT the joint first place went to pcp with 55 with 54 being scored by a chap shooting hw80 Dan Horrocks.

So in answer do people shoot hft with an 80 yes do they do well also yes.
    Paul
    AA S400 .177Leapers 4x16x56 swat accushot, HW97KT .177 hawke Varmit sf 2.5x10x44 , HW77K .22 V mached,mountmaster 4x12x50 50IR AO
    Mk 6 Airsporter .22 3x9 x40 AO, Walther Umarex CP99 .177