Thread: benchrest shooting

benchrest shooting

The NSRA , Midlands Benchrest League and UKBR22 HV/LV rules regarding stock shape all allow the fore-end of the rifle to be flat on the base and as wide as 3"

A friend of mine (Pete Dearden) at Leics & District who makes the Webley grips sold on here has made me 2 wedges that slide directly onto the rails of my EV2 and MPR.
    These really help prevent canting during benchrest shooting and keep the rifle still. They are worth considering if you do not have a purpose made benchrest stock.

If anyone is interested in one of these wedges, I can e-mail pics of these and let you have Pete's contact details.
    The wedges are finished in black and the length extends from the front of the rifle up to the pressure gauge

If any clubs are interested in 20yd/25yd benchrest shooting and who do not compete in this discipline, again get in touch and I can forward info regarding the Midlands Benchrest Leagues for teams.
    For individuals interested in taking up this sport and who have access to a 25yd/m range have a look at the UKBR22 website. UKBR22 will be running a 50M outdoor postal this summer in addition to the other benchrest disciplines.

John
    hold me back !!

Can you post pictures please, or email me with prices and pics. I am bench resting an EV2 and MPR by way of a coincidence, but wont need the wedges 3" wide!!!!
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Can you post pictures please, or email me with prices and pics. I am bench resting an EV2 and MPR by way of a coincidence, but wont need the wedges 3" wide!!!!
    Hi
    e-mail sent with pics

Does your club shoot benchrest competitions

John
    hold me back !!

we take part in the UKBR22 postal, but also some of the members shoot for England internationally.

The wedges look good, why not post pics and prices up here, benchrest stuff is really hard to find in UK!

ps got the email but not Petes emailaddress?
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Benchrest wedges

Hi
    I have sent another e-mail with Pete's e-mail address and let him know you are interested

He has both 2.25" and 3" made and these will be sprayed for later this week.

There are probably 12 air rifle benchrest shooters in our club using EV2's and MPR's and almost all are now fitted with these wedges

Unfortunately as they are new, then the forum does not allow them in the Sales Section and so I can't show the photos except by e-mail

Price is £30 which is considerably less than the equivalent 2.25" Anschutz ones that are for sale at 49.90 Euros.
    So they are good value and work very well.

They are made in hardwood and the T-slot rail fittings are steel. The painted finish is carried out by a local car body repair shop and is black.
    They also appear to fit the Anschutz rimfire match 54 and 1407 type rifles with T-slot in front rail

If you have a requirement for one to fit a walnut stocked MPR, then Pete may be able to manufacture one in walnut unpainted, as shown in one of my photos. These look nice on the MPR

John
    hold me back !!

Smile Benchrest Wedges.

Hi John,
    I have just started shooting bench rest.My club is Swadlincote Rifle and Pistol I am shooting the Yorkshire 25yd postal competition at the moment, but I am also doing the East Midlands 25yds bench rest for air rifles.Would be interested in some pics please plus Peters email address.Will pm my email address.
    Regards,
    Keith.

e-mail sent with pics
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Hi,

That must be better. See this EV2 group at 100m/ 110 yards.

ATB
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

Quote Originally Posted by 100m airgun View Post
    Hi,

That must be better. See this EV2 group at 100m/ 110 yards.

ATB
    I'm sorry but that's not a "group". It's 3 shots and can only be regarded as statistically insignificant. You require at least 10 shots; 20 is better; before the result can be viewed as any better than a chance effect.

Rutty