Thread: "Starter" 10 Meter rifles

"Starter" 10 Meter rifles

In a previous thread negative comments about the Edge rifle got me to thinking about used vs new but low priced rifles.

The points made about used target rifles are well and good. The rifles mentioned on those posts are very nice; however, to link entrance to (and so the growth of) competitive shooting to the availability of used rifles is counter-productive.

1. It limits the entrance shooters to the number of guns whose owners no longer wish to own them.

2. It limits prospective shooters in markets where these guns are uncommon. I live in one of these markets, and gun dealers who acquire these guns sell them to dealers or individuals in other places where they can find more buyers. This has helped to kill small bore competition in my area.

3. When you base entry into our sport on an exclusive list of rifles, then the more folks you are going to exclude.

I own one of the first Talons (Stealth in the UK) sold in the United States. Yes, they do have limitations. New10 meter shooters need to be on the firing line learning to shoot the match. There is plenty of time for them to decide if they want to buy a different rifle after they get started.

I'd put a smiley face here but I have never mastered emoticons.

Ron

Hi Ron

Put a : together with a ) to get

HTH

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks Matty

Ron

Edit: sorry wrong thread.