Thread: suitable rifle and scope for HFT?

suitable rifle and scope for HFT?

I currently have an AirArms s200 with a 3-9 x 50 scope and am looking to use this as a start in HFT at local club level.

Moving on I have the option of stumping up for a n MPR FT or adding a Hamster to the S200, anyone use an S200 for HFT, if so is it competetive?

Scope wise it seems the MTC viper 10 x 44 seems a popular choice, anyone got any other recommendations?
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

You have an EV2 in your signature, They dont come much better than that for HFT. As far as scopes go my son has had two MTC Viper's 10x44. The first one became fogged up and he got it changed for a new one while still under guarantee by MTC, the second one also fogged up just out of guarantee and that is now in the dustbin.
    I have a Hawke Tac 30 10x42 that I like, my son has a Hawke Panarama 4-12x40 that he likes.
    An MPR is superior to S200 at HFT but I would sooner have an S200 for hunting.

Thanks I'll give the mtc a miss and look for one of the others. Really want to keep the EV2 for bench but i suppose could use the mpr forthat if i can get one!
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Get yourself some Leupold Quick Release Mounts QRW on the EV2 (+ some dovetail to weaver conversions) and you can use the gun for both disciplines, just change the scope accordingly.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Thanks I'll give the mtc a miss and look for one of the others. Really want to keep the EV2 for bench but i suppose could use the mpr forthat if i can get one!
    I have been using an S200 for FT and HFT for well over a year now and I can assure you, it is competitive. I hit the same targets as everyone else and score the same or better than most people in my grade so I can't fault the rifle at all.

If you have an MPR on order why are you bothered about using an S200 for HFT if you don't mind me asking?

Kapralas

Hello guys.I am thinking of getting the Daystate MK4 rifle and also I am thinking about the scope now but not sure which one would be better MTC VIPER 10X44 or Hawke SideWinder 30 Tactical. As Cyclopse has written here I understand that MTC VIPER 10X44 has fogging problems should I stay with Hawke SideWinder 30 Tactical? I am going to shoot in HFT category. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!!