Thread: A Reply From Tpe (interesting)

WOODFORD-GREEN ESSEX (WHAT YOU LOOKING UP HERE FOR

A Reply From Tpe (interesting)

I asked him about the laws in DENMARK?
    his reply is as follows:-

There are none, you can knock them up to what you like, unfortunatly you cant hunt unless you have a special licence (350quid for the training and 2 exams), and then your quarry is very limited depending on what you shoot with, for example with an air rifle you can only shoot wood pidgions and turtle doves, with a rimfire you are allowed to shoot them crows and seagulls, but you need a long rimfire to shoot squirrels and rabits, and various centerfires or a shotgun for phesant and it goes up for anything bigger etc. but all the guns this guy from the local bullitin board are totaly legal to anyone... http://www.geocities.com/catman_dk/ personally i would prefere to be able to shoot my own supper tho

tim

hope u dont mind tim.
    KEV

tpe Guest
    LOL, no problem Kev,

There are indeed no power laws for them, so the quakenbush 50 caliber and similar http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/airgunelka.html are perfectly legal, but just not deemed powerfull enough to kill squirels or rats.

Just in case anyone is thinking of making the trip there are however many laws governing airguns, like no one under 18 may purchase them and a bunch of other draconian over enthusiastic ideas by people with nothing better to do than legislate , but thats another matter...

tim
    Last edited by tpe; 20-04-2005 at 02:23 PM.

seaton7392 Guest
    Tpe's spelling is better than most of the natives on this site

Or Tpes spiling is beta than mpst of the nativs on this sight

chris semmens Guest

Other Countries??

I wonder what the laws are like in other countries that we don't usually hear about??

Chris

tpe Guest
    I was hoping to go to france on holls with an air rifle but i think they have a lower limit than the uk? anyone know, or where to find out for sure?

10 J limit in sweeden, messed up my holls there, as without a gun parts of it are very very very very boaring

tim

@ simon, i am an ex pat, left when uk got politcaly messed up for a while, so only excuse for the tird i speel is lack of praktis

I don't know if the law has changed since I lived there but in 2002 there was no power limit in Belgium - nor in the Netherlands, although a few specific models (Careers) were banned there. In Belgium at the time I could walk into a store and buy and leve with a 12 bore double or a .300 Winmag bolt-action on my residency permit. No license, no background checks, no nothing (although you were meant to subsequently register the weapon with your local police).

I'm a little hazy on what the hunting laws were. Both countries had hunting tests - the Dutch one at least was onerous and expensive. It wasn't legal to hunt anything with an air rifle in Belgium and I suspect that was also the case in NL. Silencers on air weapons were also a bit of an 'iffy' area in both countries.

We really have it good here in the UK as far as hunting with air rifles is concerned.

Filarms Guest

In the philippines, there's actually one regulation ...

that says your airgun (the pellet that is) should not be able to penetrate a 1/4 inch thick piece of plywood at 10 meters (notice they used inches to describe the plywood then switched to metric when defining distance, damn legislators). But who's to say what kind of plywood? Marine? 8 ply, 4 ply? Sheesh.