Thread: 10 metre standing book

10 metre standing book

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a good book for improving their 10 metre standing air rifle shooting?
    Regards
    Mark

MEC's Air Rifle Shooting, or The Ways of the Rifle. These are written by top German and Swiss coaches.

Both are pretty good, and although the MEC Air Rifle Shooting book is incredibly detailed, its pretty much directly translated from German.

Its hard going in places & most definitely aimed at the elite competitor.

The other one I've read is "Rifle - Steps to success" - its a bit easier going, although more aimed towarded the beginner / improver (cheaper too).

The MEC book is about £40, as I remember.

Drew

10 metre books

Hello.
    All the titles mentioned up to now on this thread may appear on Amazon, and you might just get a cheap second hand one.You can replace me at 10M cos I'm too old and shaky now!Good luck with it.Always remember when you read these books that not everyone is the same shape'and you have to develope the advise you get from them to suit yourself.
    Hope this helps.

http://www.pilkguns.com/jpindx.shtml

excellent series of 25 articles in this link -

Based in the Atlanta, Ga., area, JP O'Connor is involved in shooting as an ISSF licensed official, competitor, is the Assistant National Coach - USA Paralympic Shooting Team, and serves on the National Coach Development Staff. He enjoys working with a number of pistol and rifle athletes from around the country, ranging from beginners to the highly advanced, in clinics and in one-on-one private coaching. Your comments and suggestions on this series are welcomed. These articles appeared in various issues of QuickShots and USA Shooting News, published by USA Shooting. Permission is granted to distribute FREE copies for non-profit educational purposes provided the article is kept unedited in its entirety with all notices and copyright information. Any other use requires advance, specific, written permission from the author.

Read these and you may not need a book!!

Quote Originally Posted by little.O View Post
    Hello.
    All the titles mentioned up to now on this thread may appear on Amazon, and you might just get a cheap second hand one.You can replace me at 10M cos I'm too old and shaky now!Good luck with it.Always remember when you read these books that not everyone is the same shape'and you have to develope the advise you get from them to suit yourself.
    Hope this helps.
    Never a truer word spoken, we are all individuals & that's why I don't like the west /German way of coaching.

Depicted in the two German books, translated by Bill Murrey also a shooter, ways of the rifle & air rifle shooting is all that is available of any note in print these days.

Take what works for you from them & leave the rest to the back of your mind.

Unfortunately the Germans coaching is a bit like YOU DO IT THIS WAY OR NOT AT ALL, except if you name is .I could name a few, but they are in the books, some as conventional & others as not. Take from them what you will, they are good & straight forward to learn from.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!