I don't think he's listening Baz
    An air rifle IS classed as a Firearm

(sorry)

JB
    Never eat yellow snow
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jpdbromley
    An air rifle IS classed as a Firearm
    well said, tis a bloomin airgun forum after all !!!!

tis a bloomin airgun forum after all !!!!
    Yes ostensibly it is an airgun; BBS, and, that's why we have a very large airgun forum section

I believe that this forum was added to allow reviews of rifles/guns etc. that require an FAC/SGC to own and use.

However my post was not a pop at SSS, I just thought it was hilarious that despite Baz ever so gently telling this chap that he had posted in the wrong section, he just carried on banging out post after post. Classic
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos.
    Yes ostensibly it is an airgun; BBS, and, that's why we have a very large airgun forum section

I believe that this forum was added to allow reviews of rifles/guns etc. that require an FAC/SGC to own and use.

However my post was not a pop at SSS, I just thought it was hilarious that despite Baz ever so gently telling this chap that he had posted in the wrong section, he just carried on banging out post after post. Classic

Dazz

Mike H Guest
    And there was me thinking that airgun reviews just weren't allowed
    Mike.

Mike H Guest
    Having said that .. can't wait to give my TX200HC versus Ultraglided version. Am I allowed to do this ?
    Mike.

Given the paltry number of S.1 and S.2 firearms getting reviewed here, I don't think reading a few airgun reviews is going to hurt us. It is kind of funny hearing about the huge difference in lethality between a gasrammed Webley and an HC (of any description) though. I can't remember the last time I hit a rabbit with less than 200ft/lbs and my latest rabbit rifle gun tops 700.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. MH
    I can't remember the last time I hit a rabbit with less than 200ft/lbs and my latest rabbit rifle gun tops 700.
    Practice.

Airgun Explorer Guest
    Now that you have had it a while is there anything you would like changed on the HC?
    I have enjoyed your posts whilst I wait for my TX200mkIII to arrive.
    Cheers

Airgun Explorer Guest
    It has arrived!(Tx 200mkIII) I sighted it in @ 10m, 1 hole group when I do my part, size of rifle is just spot on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos.

The reason why SSS continues in this section is pretty obvious surely? Once you start-even if in the wrong section (shock horror!!), all the replies -like yours and mine- have to go on the end of the thread otherwise there is no continuity.

Serberus Guest
    I also just bought a TX200 mk.III in .22.

I think I am in love with this gun, the trigger action is so sexily smooth and the gun just looks beautiful. It is incredibly accurate, (I have a Webley 3-9x40 scope attached) and so far I have only missed one shot in the two ratting sessions I have taken it out on.

The Stock is so well made and the gun is so well weighted that it just sits tight on may shoulder and hardly twitches at all, no matter how excited I get!

On the downside though, it is pretty heavy, however I would spent hours in the gym for this beauty, and it is pretty bearable for a couple of hours. The recoil is also pretty solid, but it is nothing out of the ordinary for Spring Rifles, and certainly not anything that an experienced shooter or a bit of practice can't handle. Also the loading slot is just left hanging, so its pretty easy for butterfingers like me to drop the pellet into the cavity. Some guns have a tray that makes reloading that much easier.

If I were you and looking for a Spring Rifle, I would definately go for the AirArms TX200 mk.III.
    Last edited by Serberus; 05-10-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Nice review!

Why did SSS get banned?

don't know but it was 15 years ago, atb mick ps great guns the tx's