Thread: Air Arms TX200HC review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub Sea Sniper
    Yeah the recocking works fine on the TX200HC. Thanks for the advice guys. By the way, the gun pairs brilliantly with my Hawke Sport HD MAP in 6x40. Killer combo.

Sub Sea Sniper
    Have to agree with you on this rifle.

I would not have taken 35m+ shots with my HW77, but the HC is well capable of this and beyond.

After getting over the initial shock of the noise it makes on firing (used to a silenced PCP) and the recoil, well, it is a really nice rifle. Heavy yes, but well balanced and nice to fire.

I found it a bit awkward cocking in the prone position. I have a tendency to not pull the lever back quite as far and so it cant be closed again, but once you are aware of this, its fine. This awkwardness will go (be learned) and it will force me to shoot properly, and to do it from the kneeling position.

It has already exposed some odities in my trigger action which are not that obvious with the S410k, so it has achieved their too

I actually bought it as a practice/backup rifle (for when the 410 needs servicing etc) and I must say that, although I love the PCP, the need to not re-fill every 60 or so shots is nice.

I doubt I will do much hunting with it, particularly now the hawking season is starting, but it will get well used.

I fint the ratchet an cocking system no problem what so ever. Its a great Idea, and with a bit of practice, is easily mastered. I could see some "esser sized" air gunners having problems, but most should have no problems.

A Very, very, nice rifle (shame about the scope...hawke 3-9 x 50 pro stalk...I have better and will eplace the sight on the PCP and put the Nikon on this one)

Maverick

Yep the recocking trick works on my MKIII as well, many thanks for the advice.
    TX200 Mk3 Pink Calibre, HW99s Blue Calibre
    Huntsman MK1 Pink calibre, AAS200 Pink Calibre