Thread: Air Arms TX200HC review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Glad you are pleased with it. As a former owner of both the HC and Mk 3 variants, I agree with most of what you say except I did find the beartrap ratchet a bit annoying and the click-click-click noise as you cock I suspect could frighten rabbits away. Personally I find the cocking effort ridiculous for a 12 ft lb rifle-my Weihrauch HW95 is cockable with one finger! I don't know whether you tried the TX200 Mk 3 before choosing the HC but I found the slightly longer cocking lever much easier to use and the extra length hardly noticeable. The mk 3 is also quieter-unless you use the screw- in extra silencer which completely ruins the whole point in having the shorter HC.
    Good shooting!
    You can stop the rachet clicking by depressing the anti-bear trap button as you cock it. It certainly does frighten off rabbits Nick unless you do that, as I found out several times when cocking for a second shot. Of course, pressing the button as you cock, means you don't have an anti beartrap mechanism while you do it. True about the silencer negating the carbine effect too.

Edit:

Oh - on reading the thread further, I see Baz has alreadys said the same thing about quietening the loading procedure.
    Last edited by Professor; 21-06-2005 at 10:09 AM.