Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms TX200HC review

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos.
    Yes ostensibly it is an airgun; BBS, and, that's why we have a very large airgun forum section

I believe that this forum was added to allow reviews of rifles/guns etc. that require an FAC/SGC to own and use.

However my post was not a pop at SSS, I just thought it was hilarious that despite Baz ever so gently telling this chap that he had posted in the wrong section, he just carried on banging out post after post. Classic

Dazz

Mike H Guest
    And there was me thinking that airgun reviews just weren't allowed
    Mike.

Mike H Guest
    Having said that .. can't wait to give my TX200HC versus Ultraglided version. Am I allowed to do this ?
    Mike.

Sorry for updating my review, didn't realise it was causing so much hilarity.

SSS
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

Mike H Guest
    You carry on mate, gives me something to read until mine arrives Any new views on it ?
    Mike.

Given the paltry number of S.1 and S.2 firearms getting reviewed here, I don't think reading a few airgun reviews is going to hurt us. It is kind of funny hearing about the huge difference in lethality between a gasrammed Webley and an HC (of any description) though. I can't remember the last time I hit a rabbit with less than 200ft/lbs and my latest rabbit rifle gun tops 700.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. MH
    I can't remember the last time I hit a rabbit with less than 200ft/lbs and my latest rabbit rifle gun tops 700.
    Practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos.
    Yes ostensibly it is an airgun; BBS, and, that's why we have a very large airgun forum section

I believe that this forum was added to allow reviews of rifles/guns etc. that require an FAC/SGC to own and use.

However my post was not a pop at SSS, I just thought it was hilarious that despite Baz ever so gently telling this chap that he had posted in the wrong section, he just carried on banging out post after post. Classic
    The reason why SSS continues in this section is pretty obvious surely? Once you start-even if in the wrong section (shock horror!!), all the replies -like yours and mine- have to go on the end of the thread otherwise there is no continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Practice.

I go for the 'nuke em from orbit' approach. Works for me!

Nick mate I couldn't care less one way or the other why triple S continued to post after Baz's gentle prod. I just found the whole thing rather funny mate.
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

Airgun Explorer Guest
    Now that you have had it a while is there anything you would like changed on the HC?
    I have enjoyed your posts whilst I wait for my TX200mkIII to arrive.
    Cheers

Airgun Explorer Guest
    It has arrived!(Tx 200mkIII) I sighted it in @ 10m, 1 hole group when I do my part, size of rifle is just spot on for me.

Airgun Explorer,

sorry for not replying to you post on 23/05/05, didn't notice it. I'm more than happy with the HC and wouldn't change a thing. As I previously mentioned the gun is heavy and I struggle a bit on standing shots. For quarry I will not take a standing shot over 10 metres. I know I can hit the killzone on a bunny up to that distance. Anything longer range I go drop knee or prone. Incidentally I should have done this with my other, lighter rifles, as going prone seems to make me practically invisible to rabbits and my bag has increased about five-fold.

Have you tried Webley Lazadomes in your TX, my gun loves em'.

Sub Sea Sniper
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

Mike H Guest
    SSS, only just got mine, but it feels real nice Will put some Daystates through it this weekend and let you know how it goes. Not used to shooting springers though, but I'll try to relax the hold
    Mike.

Airgun Explorer Guest
    The only pellets I had to sight in with were Cph 10.5 grn. which I'm told are too heavy and might wear the spring to soon, I was told to use pellets in the7.9 to 8.6 weight area so I will obtain some this weekend FTS I believe along with some other brands.
    The Mk III does not feel heavy to me, I would guess its a balance thing and its always a good idea to obtain the steadist rest available kneeling is good, resting against a tree if one is about, etc.
    I see fun in our future!
    Cheers