Thread: hi new to hft and air rifle

hi new to hft and air rifle

hi everyone i am new to air rifles and interested in hft and might be looking to buy an air rifle but not a clue what to get think i should have £200 - £300 max to spend on one any ideas be a great help was think about the bsa supersport also whats best for hft .177 0r 22 cheers. jamie

First off join a club (see my sig) depends whether you want pcp or springer, I would visit our club or one like it before you buy the wrong rifle!
    Come to Horsham open a week Sunday and see what people are using. I could bring a springer to shoot round with if you want a go!
    There are a few decent clubs around :-)

Sponges x
    Last edited by blackscale; 20-01-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: wrong Sunday...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Hi, From experience (Mine and not proud !!) do join a good club and DO listen to the experts (Hahaha ) most club members will be willing to let you have a go with there toys, as Spongy says above you need to decide wether a pcp or a springer is your best route, costs also come into this.....

I started with a BSA supersport, its not a bad gun but you can do alot better and as a newby you would enjoy it more with a rifle that is a little more forgiving.

You need to come to a club shoot and speak to the guys and girls before you spend any money..

See you soon ??
    Chris

ps. dont say i said so..... but .177 is better for hft (reasons will become apparent the more you shoot) Schooosch !!

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester

Guy lives in Newhaven .......

Try Swallows FT Club
    - Swanborough Lakes, Lewes

mailto:itsonly@memike.freeserve.co.uk

alright already....
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    alright already....
    Too many orange hats .. startin' to look like a sea of vomit down the side of the motorway ......

arf!

New Shooter

Hi Jamie, you have PM
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"