Thread: hi new to hft and air rifle

hi new to hft and air rifle

hi everyone i am new to air rifles and to hft i will soon be looking to buy an air rifle for hft but not a clue what to get any ideas be very helpfull i have £200 - £300 max to spend was thinking about the BSA supersport also whats best for hft .177 or .22 cheers . jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamie dodger View Post
    hi everyone i am new to air rifles and to hft i will soon be looking to buy an air rifle for hft but not a clue what to get any ideas be very helpfull i have £200 - £300 max to spend was thinking about the BSA supersport also whats best for hft .177 or .22 cheers . jamie
    Hi there.Definately .177 for hft,unless you would like the much bigger challenge of shooting a .22.The supersport being on the lighter side of legal limit rifles is pretty hard to shoot consistently accurately due to the higher recoil.As long as you dont mind a heavy rifle i would go for the usual hft springer suspects of the weihrauch hw77 or 97 or the air arms tx200 as the weight of these rifle damps out a lot of the recoil.These would have to be second hand though to fit into your budget but that need'nt be a problem as long as you buy off one of the trusted members on here or find something near to you [ gunshop or private ] so that you can buy face to face...