hi all , about 2 months ago i decided to treat myself to a new air rifle , i have a webley xs tuned which is lovely , iv had a tx , and a lightning xl but which one and im on a budget as i dont shoot to often now , (wanted the new lgv maybe another time
well went to my local gun shop and bought a hw95k , the new version with the improved cocking shoe and a new design breech lock ,
well got it home mounted a scope 3-9x40 , started to zero it in at 30 yards , the gun looked quality , felt great and well made , then i cocked it and it seemed a little rough ,it just grated as i cocked it pushing the barrel back to lock it felt rough , carried on shooting and zeroing it in, (only took a few shots ) but it felt rough and very twangy ,
i decided to get my webley out and shoot it as a comparison to my new gun , there was no comparison the webley smooth as silk the hw was just rough , i though maybee it will need a lot of wearing in, after 50 to 75 pellets id had enough it was getting worse so took it back to the shop . just my luck to get the only knackered hw in the world lol
they were great , said they would stip it and service it , and would call me as soon as it was done , no arguing or messing , just really nice , they though the spring had broke !! thats how bad it got .
well had a phone call went back and what a difference , smooth and slick , they changed the seal and spring , full clean and lube , a part of the seal had broke off and was stuck , causing the grating , !!! and it was as dry as a bone inside , wow fantastic gun to shoot , smooth cocking isnt the word, no twang and so accurate not even pellet fussy , can put anything through it and it groups under a 5 pence at 30 yards my m8 who is a better shot than me got a ragged hole group,
the other thing is it is quiet , very quiet
my piont is this , i have tried a few break barrells and the 95 is up there with the best if not the best when its right, apart from the lgv , for the money it should of been right from the off and not left the factory in that state, Weihrauch should check the qc
hope you enjoyed my liitle story