Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Baikal Makarov MP-654K Co2 pistol

Wanted: Baikal Makarov MP-654K Co2 pistol

As per title please - thought I would try in here as the older ones are quite collectable now.

Would like a complete early one if possible but if you have any Makarov parts (tool, instructions, mags, seal kits, spares, balls etc - even the brown paper wrapping!) please get in touch.

Stupidly I sold mine back in 2006 - you could get them mail order back then for £60 at JSR's...

What's worse is I found the old ad for mine - £55 for this lot!

For sale: Complete Makarov .177 Co2 outfit including tuned MP-654K as follows. Official Brocock (JSR) Import Makarov PM-654K in black together with original hard box, paper wrappers, instruction book, bag of spare seals, original bag of copper coated balls and barrel tool. Less than 500 rounds fired. Pistol has had the magazine base screw modification to give a far more comfortable design with a flush fit rather than the bulky standard screw. The moving parts have also been carefully tuned as here to give a much smoother action:

http://makarov.com/MakTrigger.html

Overall in perfect working order and cosmetically almost as new. Also included is a genuine Russian Makarov 9mm leather hi-capacity holster that has been wet moulded to fit perfectly. See here for wet moulding: http://makarov.com/makacces.html

A genuine 9mm barrel tool is also included. To go with the pistol I am including 10 brand new Walther Co2 12g capsules and a brand new tin of Gamo .177 lead balls. Finally 5 Bisley targets. All ready to go! £55
    Last edited by felix gunner; 22-01-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Cool

I sold mine (2001) a few months ago for £150

Was made an offer I couldn't refuse as I never used it and was fed up with Co2...

I've bought two more Co2 pistols recently a Beretta 92fs (Nickel) and a Crosman2240 which seems to be taking forever to arrive! (blooming snow probably!!)..

Good luck with your search

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

They do come up for sale and TBH the older ones are unpredictable, sometimes they sell for a fair bit of wonga, sometimes no more than a later one.

IMHO they are not really worth any major premium, I have both and the differences are relatively minor, both are built in the same way and you really need to know what you are looking for to tell them apart. Don't believe any misguided hype about "90% real firearm parts" and the like, sure, the slide and frame are steel, hey wow, () but you may as well start with an ingot to turn one into a 9 mil, not that that would be your intention but saying so just so you get the picture. Older and newer are practically identical, and also forget any "older machined steel, newer cast metal" - all parts just as with proper firearms are always initially cast to basic shape, then finished (machined) to size.

The innards are pure CO2 pistol but certainly much more solid than any monkey metal Umarex.

The barrels - certainly in the UK - are also always rifled, at least, although some advertisers make a song and dance about this latter, again I have never encountered one that had a smoothbore.

I would still pay "regular" money for an older one or just buy a later one, you wont be missing much at all, these are just plinker guns anyway.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Cheers chaps, I used to be really 'into' them and goodness knows why I sold mine but at the time £50 was a lot of money and I needed it. Daft now when you see current prices as is the fact that go back in time and JSR would send you one the net day for £58. How I wish I had bought a few sets...

As noted though they are great fun to strip and tinker with and lots of mods out there of course.

Hi there your inbox is full

Sorry. thanks for the tip off! Freed up now.

I have just seen a 99 version for sale at a good price in a shop near you, your in box is full.

Just looked on a map and its not as near as I thought. Sent PM with details, best of luck. Graeme.

how can you tell the age of these pistols ?
    AA S410 .22 l/h rainbow laminated

Quote Originally Posted by cushy_666 View Post
    how can you tell the age of these pistols ?
    1st 2 digits of its number,hence T 99..... is a 1999 model

hih
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

hi thanks for the info , that makes mine a 2004 gun .

Roughly what would my 2004 gun be worth if i was to sell it

http://s389.beta.photobucket.com/use...library/baikal
    AA S410 .22 l/h rainbow laminated

Latest MP-654K "H" Variant very good

Thought you might be interested to know that the latest MP-654K "H" variant is better made and finished than the pre 2000 models.
    I've had a 1999 and 2010 Mak and the 1999 was certainly better made than the latter but the latest version is another class.

The new "H" versions (with 2012 serial numbers followed by the "H") are made using the single stack Makorav frame so has a narrower grip and the mag has been modified to suit. Just about every part is machined steel (no castings anywhere) including inside the frame (as well as slide), it has the ejector slot cutout, the heavy larger front end to the slide, longer mainspring, Bakelite grips and grub screw at bottom of the mag.
    I'm pretty sure it's using the Bulgarian Mak frame (looking at the different trigger guard). Maybe Baikal receievd a job lot of these? The finish (bluing is very good). They are a bit more expensive than the old version but well worthg it IMO. Interestingly it doesn't have an O-ring seal at the breech end of the barrel but when comparing to the old model there is no difference in performance. There's a couple of videos showing/comparing it here: http://mp-654k.skyrock.com/8.html
    (see videos posted 2nd Dec and 20th Nov. Video dated 25th Nov shows the real Bulgarian Mak)
    I bought mine new for £159.
    Last edited by rjn572; 13-02-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I'd beg to differ - not much comes close to a '98 or '99 model in design, originality, quality, fit and finish etc. But more than anything feel compared to the real deal. To be fair I have not handled the very latest model and am not sure the move away from the Hi-cap is the best idea (the cut away frame base is an odd idea and the slide 'looks' like a strange matt casting on the outside). I've been able to compare the previous models very closely and in feel the '99 even compared to a machined slide 2000 model is something else. For lots more in-depth on Maks I posted quite a lot here:

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...53-0-asc-0.php

There are some close ups on the latest version on page 2 of the above.

cushy_666 - the 2004 was a good model, last of them really before things deteriorated more. Shame about the rust but this should clear up OK, nice to have the box and manual, I would value it at around £110 to £120. PM me if you're interested more.
    Last edited by felix gunner; 13-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I would reserve judgement until you see one in your hand. This one is using the RS frame/slide and a lot of other parts. Even the trigger is machined.
    Maybe this will help convince you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyp_Dk2Y-Vc

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    I'd beg to differ - not much comes close to a '98 or '99 model in design, originality, quality, fit and finish etc. But more than anything feel compared to the real deal. To be fair I have not handled the very latest model and am not sure the move away from the Hi-cap is the best idea (the cut away frame base is an odd idea and the slide 'looks' like a strange matt casting on the outside). I've been able to compare the previous models very closely and in feel the '99 even compared to a machined slide 2000 model is something else. For lots more in-depth on Maks I posted quite a lot here:

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...53-0-asc-0.php

There are some close ups on the latest version on page 2 of the above.

cushy_666 - the 2004 was a good model, last of them really before things deteriorated more. Shame about the rust but this should clear up OK, nice to have the box and manual, I would value it at around £110 to £120. PM me if you're interested more.

Quote Originally Posted by rjn572 View Post
    I would reserve judgement until you see one in your hand. This one is using the RS frame/slide and a lot of other parts. Even the trigger is machined.
    Maybe this will help convince you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyp_Dk2Y-Vc
    You are believing a poor quality review, the older ones are much better. This is a review undertaken by somebody who really knows the difference in these pistols. https://youtu.be/A9Tv5zRmBqA