Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Baikal Makarov MP-654K Co2 pistol

I have a Gen 2 Mak and the quality of this pistol is just amazing. It's by far the best pistol I have owed and when chronographed was giving velocities of 440fps even higher when using dust devils. I used to own a Gen 4 nickel version and although a beautiful looking pistol quality wise there was no comparison.

I must admit my personal favourite Makarov is the 2012 PM frame variant I own. It is very true to the original PM and whilst there is some flex between front and backstrap, this is barely noticeable when a magazine with CO2 cylinder has been fitted.

The early models such as those from 2000 handle very well and again, are very true to the PMM variant, which had a wide magazine.

Whilst some decry the later post 2004 models, it should be remembered that all are incredibly well made, with post 2012 variants sporting features that older models did not; such as an enlarged bore and flush screw CO2 tensioner. However, I do accept that pre 2012 models were more efficient due to the presence of a breech washer. It's swings and roundabouts really and if you only have one Mak in your collection, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm still looking to assemble a collection consisting of models from every year of production, so if anyone is thinking of parting with a Baikal Makarov which has one of the following prefixes to the serial number, please get in touch:

T01
    T03
    T06
    T07
    T08
    T09
    T10
    T11
    T13
    T14

John M

Thumbs up

WOW!!

This post started seven years ago!!

The 2240 that I mentioned was taking ages never came, Turned out the fella was a scammer!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/