Thread: bsa big 60 how good

bsa big 60 how good

i am about to buy one off these cross hair tyre ok for field target and any coments from everybody this will be my second scope bought unseen and the first was crap this is going to cost £330 with side whel etc the seller is going to buy a burris 8/32

craig-s Guest

Bsa

I've got one it's a cracking scope I paid £300 with side wheel still with original box. All you'll need for FT me thinks once you get the distances sused

Craig

crmeyer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwalk
    i am about to buy one off these cross hair tyre ok for field target and any coments from everybody this will be my second scope bought unseen and the first was crap this is going to cost £330 with side whel etc the seller is going to buy a burris 8/32
    I have shot a few of them and like them quite a bit. Some folks claimed that the quality varied a bit with the sharpness & contrast at 60x being better on some than others. It has been said the early ones were better than the later ones. When they were discontinued in the US in early 2002 they were all sold off for about $300 USD. Sometimes I still see them on the used market in the US for around that price. A sun shade and a larger side wheel are nice additions.

Charles

My suggestion is not to buy before you try or buy it, try it and if not to liking return and get your dosh back.
    I have only ever seen two good ones, i had an average one for less than a day when they first come out, Tasco optics were a lot better you could make out what you intended to see though with difficulty, BSA could not even make out the shape yet alone the kill area!
    Highly unlikely it is a good one, beware.

it is a good one, got 2 of them between me and my father, has custom shop (jap ones x 2) also bought a new deben 10x50x56 and thought it was carp in comparison to the bsa. The optics arent as good as a leupold mark4 (my other scope) but would you expect them to be? the leup costs 3x as much as the bsa! I am only changing because i want a front paralaxing scope for my springer, which will be a bit smaller than the bsa, as the bsa bell is covering the loading port on my prosport. hth!!

Stuart

Talking scope bsa

thanks stewart i hope you are right and its good

Money back guarantee, cant be fairer than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!