Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Many thanks to all involved in putting the Fayre together and helping it run smoothly. I really enjoyed the day.
    There were a couple of items that would have been heading for Wales if I had had the funds available. I had my financial advisor with me so I only spent a small amount however it was on something that I needed. Sold a couple of items on the Bring & Buy stall though. Enjoyed the competitions too and the burgers. I am hoping that this will become an annual event.
    Looking forward to Walton Lions event on the 7th July.

atb
    dogsbody

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Many thanks to all involved in putting the Fayre together and helping it run smoothly. I really enjoyed the day.
    There were a couple of items that would have been heading for Wales if I had had the funds available. I had my financial advisor with me so I only spent a small amount however it was on something that I needed. Sold a couple of items on the Bring & Buy stall though. Enjoyed the competitions too and the burgers. I am hoping that this will become an annual event.
    Looking forward to Walton Lions event on the 7th July.

atb
    dogsbody
    See you there!

Poppy Appeal

I have just received the figures from Chris for the money raised on the day £686.50
    So a huge thank you to all

Chris will be making a presentation to the Royal British Legion Management and hopefully we will get some press coverage of this also.

He has asked me to say thanks to the BBS guys for their help and kind comments on the day and all the positive e-mails he has received. (He's a bit of a softy really)

ATB

John
    hold me back !!

Thumbs up

That's absolutely brilliant £686.50 to the RBL poppy fund, and a lot of pleasure for airgun enthusiasts, indeed a worthwhile venture, ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    I have just received the figures from Chris for the money raised on the day £686.50

Chris will be making a presentation to the Royal British Legion Management and hopefully we will get some press coverage of this also.

He has asked me to say thanks to the BBS guys for their help and kind comments on the day and all the positive e-mails he has received. (He's a bit of a softy really)

ATB

John
    Blimey, nearly £700 is a very impressive total. Well done John, Chris etc! I was sorry not to be there, but glad to hear it went so well.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Blimey, nearly £700 is a very impressive total. Well done John, Chris etc! I was sorry not to be there, but glad to hear it went so well.
    Thanks Danny. I think quite a few local visitors came just to look at some of these older air rifles/pistols that some owned in their younger days.

At least 3 older gentlemen came to my stand just to look at and handle a Webley Senior and a Mk1 that I had for sale and to discuss these old pistols that dated back to the 50's when they were boys. No sale, but I am sure they enjoyed thinking back to happier times in their youth and it was good to see.
    Hope to see you at our next one.
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Thumbs up

Great result, It will be £700 once I've paid my bit to Chris.

Three photos here showing some of the tables prior to opening.

What a good day out,so much better than the NMM arms fair and a lot less entrance money to see more airguns. with a lot of the guns up for sale at fair prices. l just had to buy the Setra, a big thank you to all who helped to put this together and l hope it becomes an annual event, with the RBL the richer by almost £700 well done to all.
    sorry l didn't see you Ed and l went around twice, l will not be seeing you at Malvern any more as we have now moved to Linconshire, but it was nice to see the BSA Light Pat in its case.
    regards
    Mick,

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post

ATB

John
    Fantastic and well done all.