Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm really glad that the venues & dates for both Melbourne and Walton Lions Fayres have now been finalised and sincerely wish both events every success. At least this way we will establish whether there is sufficient interest to sustain two events held quite close together. The only plea I would make is that both clubs review the situation next year with a view to possibly combining their efforts to establish a larger regular event that may attract a wider attendance. Maybe the venue could alternate between the two clubs as suggested in an earlier post.

Regards

Brian

bell target matches

Thanks to all for your support to date

What may also be a good idea is to have a rifle team event arranged (teams nominated before the day) and shot on the day
    Perhaps teams of 3 or maybe even pairs

I have a superb biathlon target with steel discs that have holes that go down from 12mm on disc 1 to 6mm on the final disc 5.

This would be ideal for a team match.
    Shots through the holes cause a white flag to trip showing a hit and points are normally 1 for disc 1, 2 for disc 2 etc up to the final very difficult disc 5. So a max score over the 5 shots is: 15 if my sums are right or 45 for a team.

Food for thought - plenty of time to arrange

John
    hold me back !!

Outdoor shoot

Ideas are rolling in for fun on the day

Chris H has come up with the idea of holding one of our exciting duck shoots, outdoor adjacent to the BBQ in a marquee

It is a very safe and excellent spectator sport and shot with our specially adapted club CO2 powered rifle (designed and donated by airgun wizard Marcmac).

Ballistic corks are used instead of pellets at a range of 6 yds and this unusual shooting discipline may well take off.

Prize for the winner.
    hold me back !!