Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Flaming jacksies a load of Talos lookey likies in frocks, ooooo my eyes my eyes, ooooo me mentalist health n thah!!!!!!!!!
    You are slipping back into some foreign tongue again David, most likely URDU pinch yourself and repeat after me I CAN TALK ENGLISH, I CAN TALK ENGLISH .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Didn't wish to start another "Airgun Fayre" thread.
    BUT
    Being as a Fayre at the Walton Lions seems to have been established on Sunday 7th July

Has there been further developments on this one at the Melbourne Marksmen Club ?

Just so we know which and if which or both Fayres are happening ?

Thanks to all who are trying to pull these events together !

John. (brider)
    “An airgun or two”………

Smile

Really looking forward to this one, can't wait for the date to be finalised so I can get a room booked for the weekend.......oh and start saving some spends and beer tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Didn't wish to start another "Airgun Fayre" thread.
    BUT
    Being as a Fayre at the Walton Lions seems to have been established on Sunday 7th July

Has there been further developments on this one at the Melbourne Marksmen Club ?

Just so we know which and if which or both Fayres are happening ?

Thanks to all who are trying to pull these events together !

John. (brider)
    Hi John

The Melbourne fayre is going ahead.

We have the blessing of our local Firearms dept and insurance is also in place through our affiliation to the NSRA.

Our club night is tomorrow (Thurs) and we will be deciding on a date then, that fits in with the Royal British Legion bookings and our members holidays.

As Waltons are having their fayre 7th July then we will work round this date also and have ours either about a month earlier or a month later

Hopefully by friday this week we will have a date firmed up.
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi John

We have the blessing of our local Firearms dept and insurance is also in place through our affiliation to the NSRA.

Our club night is tomorrow (Thurs) and we will be deciding on a date then, that fits in with the Royal British Legion bookings and our members holidays.

As Waltons are having their fayre 7th July then we will work round this date also and have ours either about a month earlier or a month later

ATB
    John

Excellent look forward to attending both events, may I suggest a month later as there are other establish Arms Fairs in June, but non in July and August at all.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi John

ATB
    John
    Great news.....and once again, I'm here to help you all with any assistance you need.
    L

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Its all looking good for TWO Airgun Fayres this year then, 2013 is going to be a good year....Well done Guys !

Bring them on !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Its all looking good for TWO Airgun Fayres this year then...
    Whilst it might at first seem like good news, "Two Fairs must be better than one, Right?", two events will split both the sellers and attendees across two venues seriously diluting both.

Having been to both of the Sutton Coldfield fairs I'd suggest that the demand and supply is insufficient for two events.

The Club meeting tonight will be interesting, and details of the proposed Fair will doubtless follow.

Happy shooting in the meantime.

I can sympathise with the view that experienced fair attendees have expressed about two fairs leading to a dilution of attendance.

However, now that there appear to be two fairs going ahead, Sutton Coldfield R&PC are happy to support both of them and will book a seller's table as soon as possible. We've recently accumulated a lot of items to sell on behalf of deceased or retiring shooters. (I've just brought a load home from one retiring shooter with the rear suspension springs on my VW bottoming out!) Members also have their own collectables to sell off.

Both venues are more accessible than the Sutton Coldfield site and I hope that will make it easier for buyers and sellers.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    Great news.....and once again, I'm here to help you all with any assistance you need.
    L
    If I can be of any help in any way please let me know also.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Help on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    If I can be of any help in any way please let me know also.
    Thanks mate

I think we may well need some range marshalls on the day if we run all these comps.

Chris will have a table on the day and may well need someone to take charge when he is cooking the sausages and if there is a demand for the 'bring and buy' then we would perhaps need some help on there

Offers of help gratefully received

Chris or myself will keep in touch

Thanks again

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 12-02-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: addition
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by harry123 View Post
    L
    Cheers Harry

We may well need help on the ranges and on the Bring & Buy stall

It looks like we may be running a team event and our outdoor fun shoot as well as the more formal bell target comps so all help gratefully received
    I will be in touch
    Thanks again

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 09-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    hold me back !!

Bring it on, looking forward to catching up with some old friends and hopefully making a few new ones
    I might even bring a gun or three....see you all there ........and you Chris

Yes! i`ll be there! see you all, and i will look forward to it.

cheers
    Paul

Thumbs up Melbourne fayre

I to hope to be there, and lend a hand, but not with cooking#*>* my cooking skills are worse than my shooting, ...mike...