Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    That should not be a problem Gary, we would like to see you at the fayre particularly if you are having a table on the day

As I stated in post 1, the first hurdle is the permissions.

I remember that Leics Police F.A. Dept did make life a little difficult for me when I organised the Leics/Groby fayre which prevented a number of collectors trading on the day.

Hopefully the Derbyshire Dept will not put obstacles in our way.

We have quite a number of willing members who will do their bit on the day to run this event smoothly and the RBL staff will provide food and drink. We may even be able to organise a BBQ in a tented area adjacent to the carpark

When we come up with the date, then what we would like from BBS members is for them to spread the word and promote the event to local clubs and gunsmiths etc

ATB
    John
    Thanks John that's music to my ears, well eyes in this case . I'm already in contact with Chris H with regards this and he had an inspired idea last night. His idea was to double up with the Birmingham arms fayre. You one day, Brum the next. Which after Blackriders idea of a stop over at a local Premier inn to get the best out of the social side seemed an obvious, but brilliant idea. Certainly for people like myself who are travelling distance. A pre booked premier in costs £29 a room with on site bar/restaurant. Whereas the diesel (not to mention travelling time) it would cost me to drive back home and return to Brum on another date would be way over that price and we could arrive early at Brum, well fed and rested. Plus we get to spend some time during the stop over between Melbournes fayre and the Brum arms fayre with like minded people over a few beers and a decent meal .

The beauty of this idea is we can actually get to know our fellow vintage enthusiast better than you ever can on a forum as they already do in FT/HFT, WHY SHOULD VINTAGE COLLECTING/ BELL TARGET BE ANY DIFFERENT. Vintage airgun collectors are a niche part of an already minority hobby with some real characters as you would expect. Yet I honestly think if we could become a more cohesive better organised group like FT/HFT enthusiasts then the hobby mags would give us more mag space and who is to say then that an obvious follow on would be that Danny Garvins excellent vintage airgun mag idea would not become a proper paper publication instead of a PDF on line mag. Bell Target is after-all an already established discipline going back a century. Ron Gill's (an American Bell Target enthusiast from Idaho USA) email to me proved the borders of this hobby go way past middle England . I know I am proverbially running before I can walk here, but the more we eventually put in, the more we eventually get back out and we do have the calibre of people to make this possible if we can ''get it together''.

In my opinion John we do need this annual event in the ''vintage'' part of the hobby and an established club like you would be the ideal home for such a (eventually high profile) annual event (if it became possible). Please feel free to ask for any extra help within collect ables that you may need. After-all as said the more we all put into this, the more we will all ultimately get back out .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Not much interest shown so far lads, thought this news would've been well received by all on here.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Not much interest shown so far lads, thought this news would've been well received by all on here.
    I thought a fair bit of interest had already been shown on the other threads?

I would be definitely be interested in attending as a buyer/participant, but as yet I've not seen any dates...

I am happy to help out on the day John, cheers & see you on Thursday

Melbourne Marksmen

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    I am happy to help out on the day John, cheers & see you on Thursday

Thanks Scott

Can you bring the S200 along for the new member to have a look at. he does seem very keen

see you Thurs.
    John
    hold me back !!

Word of warning to watch your insurance.
    My lot have a general policy that would covers us for such event when we hold open evenings etc.

Well, my fingers are crossed.....never ever been to this type of event before, but really interested in some bell target in my birthplace......this may turn out expensive but my fingers poised to check into the Hardinge Arms just down the road.........any help before or on the day I'm ready and willing to assist.....thanks

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    "Interested am I" !

(thought I'd reply in Yoda-eeze)

"rider-B"
    “An airgun or two”………