Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Thanks Peter, at that range disregard the plunging bit, john
    snarepeg.

Thumbs up

Just Three weeks today to THE airgun fayre looking forward to it. ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Just Three weeks today to THE airgun fayre looking forward to it. ...mike...
    Probably broke and buxxred as well. John
    snarepeg.

Cool Fayre 16th june**********************

Just one week to go now trying to conjure up excuses for SWMBO as to why our bank balance will be well down on the 17th, ...mike...

Some further information for those coming to Melbourne next week from the organisers:

-There are two cash machines in the village- one at Budgens supermarket next door,but as this is only a small shop this ATM soon runs out...there is another 400mtrs away (Nat West) in Melbourne centre.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Car Parking:
    1. Would "traders" unload & then please move their car/vehicle to the overflow car park over the road (capacity 20 cars, will be signposted).

2. There is room for 15 vehicles at the Legion but once these have gone I would suggest you try the overflow parking first.

3. Additional parking: THE REAR of Budgens supermarket. We have liased with the management but they are keen to keep the front parking for shoppers only..SO PARK AROUND THE BACK PLEASE...they chain/lock their car park at 4pm prompt..any vehicle on the car park WILL be locked in till monday morning...you have been warned.

4. There is also on street parking without restriction.

So everyone should be able to park nearby but as usual at events like these there will be busy periods. Please be as polite/courteous as you can...if this Fayre goes well we fully intend to run it again next year.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

Melbourne is only a small village and the British Legion has been very welcoming to us for the last 2.5 years...we are all carrying the airgun banner and trying to promote the sport in a safe/responsible manner. Being our first ever event there will inevitably be a few "teething problems"...so enjoy your visit with an open mind and positive attitude to what we are trying to do. We realise there is still a recession on so basic costs have been kept to a minimum.

On behalf of Melbourne Marksmen a big "thank you" to everyone visiting us on the day, we hope you enjoy yourself.

If you do have a problem please feel free to approach one of our members who will be wearing a Melbourne Marksmen badge and circulating amongst you...some might even be dressed in 1900's attire*.

ALL PROFITS that The Club make will be donated to the Royal British Legion POPPY APPEAL.

*ie. Their normal garb!

only 6 more sleeps

Five more sleeps

Only five more sleeps now till the great day.
    Think I will bring some hankies cos there will be tears when some of these loved guns change hands.
    I will certainly be sorry to see my walther LGV Olympic go.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

...some might even be dressed in 1900's attire*.

ALL PROFITS that The Club make will be donated to the Royal British Legion POPPY APPEAL.

*ie. Their normal garb![/QUOTE]

Will I be out of order if I put up a poster advertising a litter of Flatcoated retriever pups? They're ready now and eating us out of house and home.

Thought I'd best ask rather than risk offending, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Airgun Fayre

Last night I was sorting and labeling my items for sale.

Not long now, hope I get the rifle I want.

Not just selling a few I want to buy as well.

I have just picked up the banner today from one of our sponsors Solware. They really have gone to a lot of work to help us with this Fayre so again many thanks to them and our other sponsors T W Chambers and Co, Uttings and Pellpax

It looks like there will be a great choice of older rifles and pistols for sale on the day - thanks Nick for collating the lists

John
    hold me back !!

Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    ...some might even be dressed in 1900's attire*.

*ie. Their normal garb!
    Will I be out of order if I put up a poster advertising a litter of Flatcoated retriever pups? They're ready now and eating us out of house and home.

Thought I'd best ask rather than risk offending, Mick[/QUOTE]

Hi had a word with Chris and he says no probs.
    Peter.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GuizeAyose View Post
    Last night I was sorting and labeling my items for sale.

Not long now, hope I get the rifle I want.

Not just selling a few I want to buy as well.
    I think that's a good reminder to us all to start getting the labels organised. ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post

Thought I'd best ask rather than risk offending, Mick
    Hi had a word with Chris and he says no probs.
    Peter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, mate.

The poster is only 6' X 4'.

Only joking, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by GuizeAyose View Post
    Last night I was sorting and labeling my items for sale...
    Definitely a good idea. At the last Birmingham arms fair many of the airguns weren't priced, which is frustrating for a potential buyer and must get a bit dull for the seller?

I'm just making a couple of "stands" so that mine won't take up too much room, and will stand out a bit better for potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    It looks like there will be a great choice of older rifles and pistols for sale on the day - thanks Nick for collating the lists.
    No problem John. It certainly looks like a good selection, and of those which I've seen there are some very nice examples. Peter's LGV for example.

Could I ask those who are selling on the day to bring some material to cover the table tops if possible.

Not essential but some card, carpet, a piece of blanket or anything like that will protect the shiny table tops and the rifle stocks.

Meeting arranged for tonight fellas (Melbourne Members) at the club to finalise arrangements regarding competitions etc.

Thanks

John
    hold me back !!