Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Be very careful here lads, Kenny the sockless one will be present and he won't be just sockless you know . I think TENDER, naked young Yorkshire rump may be just whats he's after . He's been banned now so I can say this safely .

Tender? Young? thank god for that, were safe, Can't wait to be there, like JB though i'm afraid it will be shandies, docs orders or something like that. What guns, if any that is, are we bringing, are they classic prewar or just collectables. This is my first time at a gun fayre, would not like to show up with brand spanking new ones, what is the norm on these occasions?

Mel

Storage

Serious question here gents, are we allowed to take the guns into the Inn or do we have to lock them in the car?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Tender? Young? thank god for that, were safe, Can't wait to be there, like JB though i'm afraid it will be shandies, docs orders or something like that. What guns, if any that is, are we bringing, are they classic prewar or just collectables. This is my first time at a gun fayre, would not like to show up with brand spanking new ones, what is the norm on these occasions?

Mel
    I was being kind Mel , Kenny will be quite happy ravaging decrepid tough old Yorkshire arses as well , he's not fussy . Re the Shandies mate, no worries, its a get together not a bender. I'm selling an AA Rapide circa 1985 and bringing a rather lovely little Light Pattern that the sprogs and I love to actually shoot. Mel bring or buy whatever takes your fancy. Its what floats your particular boat that matters, be that Vintage, Classic or fairly modern.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Serious question here gents, are we allowed to take the guns into the Inn or do we have to lock them in the car?
    On HFT comps in the past I've taken my rifle into the hotel, no one was worried in the least.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

On HFT comps in the past I've taken my rifle into the hotel, no one was worried in the least.
    Cheers,

At the moment, we'll be selling at least a Titan, Airsporter, Anschutz, M&G Original and possibly an HW77 plus various sights and tools in boxes. Some shooting jackets, slings and smalbore accesories too. Bags and cases. Vintage badges. Some old tins of pellets. Scopes. Unusual paper targets. Boxes of shooting books, videos and old catalogues going back to the fifties. Boxes of shooting magazines going back to the seventies. Some of it's my surplus items plus we're clearing out old club stuff plus the kit of a retired shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    At the moment, we'll be selling at least a Titan, Airsporter, Anschutz, M&G Original and possibly an HW77 plus various sights and tools in boxes. Some shooting jackets, slings and smalbore accesories too. Bags and cases. Vintage badges. Some old tins of pellets. Scopes. Unusual paper targets. Boxes of shooting books, videos and old catalogues going back to the fifties. Boxes of shooting magazines going back to the seventies. Some of it's my surplus items plus we're clearing out old club stuff plus the kit of a retired shooter.
    Will be interested to see what scopes you have, looking for a period scope for Mercury and Airsporter MKII & III

I'm sure you will find exactly what you need on the day.

I've been to three airgun collectors fairs and got great bargains at all of them. Seen some really unusual items too, like Egyptian Hakims.

And the fabled Anschiana...

The stuff I will be selling off is nothing compared to what the real collectors will have on their tables!
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 25-02-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Anschiana Envy

Smile

Ha ha!!

Gary yer silly sod!!

If I appear to be ing strangely it'll be due to the fact that i'll have the wifes chastity belt as i'm worried about receiving a mega woolie suppository now!!

I hate selling my stuff but next week I may just be buying cheaply a load of airgun spares, stocks, moderators, triggers etc also a load of airgun books- if the chap my mate saw is still there with them!!, my mate was told to bring me along to make an offer on the lot!!

Think I may bring this old lady to lob a few slugs at them bells

Cheers, John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 01-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ha ha!!

Gary yer silly sod!!

If I appear to be walking strangely it'll be due to the fact that i'll have the wifes chastity belt as i'm worried about receiving a mega woolie suppository now!!

I hate selling my stuff but next week I may just be buying cheaply a load of airgun spares, stocks, moderators, triggers etc also a load of airgun books- if the chap my mate saw is still there with them!!, my mate was told to bring me along to make an offer on the lot!!

Think I may bring this old lady to lob a few slugs at them bells

Cheers, John
    Be great if that guy still has all those bits n pieces John and lets you make an offer to take the lot. I'm sure that lot will go down really well on the day. After you taken the choice bits for the GKJB collection of course . The chastity belt actually sounds a wee bit kinky to me John. I'd leave it at home if I were you. The Sockless one has some strange kinks and fetishes so be careful he doesn't take a liking to your metal undergarment .

Wink

Are you staying overnight Harry, we are all staying at the Premier inn, Junc 7 of the M6 and going to the Brum arms fayre before going to MM on Sunday morning.
    Guess I'll be the sad tw*t sat in the corner with half a pale ale then....I'm booked in at my fave stopover The Hardinge Arms, Kings Newton with Mrs, I've allowed her to travel and she's spending time with family whilst I play....win win

Be great if that guy still has all those bits n pieces John and lets you make an offer to take the lot. I'm sure that lot will go down really well on the day. After you taken the choice bits for the GKJB collection of course . The chastity belt actually sounds a wee bit kinky to me John. I'd leave it at home if I were you. The Sockless one has some strange kinks and fetishes so be careful he doesn't take a liking to your metal undergarment .

So long as he doesn't have a can opener about his person

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hey, been away for a few days and quite a bits been happening !
    What am I hearing about Chastity Belts and Can Openers...what's going on ?

Thought this was the one and only "Gentlemans Corner", what have I missed ?

Betta pour me another G&T Quicksticks !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hey, been away for a few days and quite a bits been happening !
    What am I hearing about Chastity Belts and Can Openers...what's going on ?

Thought this was the one and only "Gentlemans Corner", what have I missed ?

Betta pour me another G&T Quicksticks !

John.
    Its Goldenknackers lowering the tone again , what else can we expect from you heatherns from Woolyback central . GKJB said you were in a G & T induced stupor somewhere in one of Steel Town's shadier areas [quote] which is nowt new theee nozz[unquote] Can't/won't tell you who said that though . Nice to see you, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lucid again John .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Dont have any "shooters" for sale at present but I've got;
    A couple of period scopes.
    Various mounts, some S'match.
    Quality.Gunslips.
    A few Brady game bags.
    Four telescopic net poles. (no net)
    A Deerhunter coat.
    A few cammo coats.
    A few folding knives.
    Various bit and bobs.
    And maybe a few pieces other fishing related kit when I get round to sorting it !

"JB" will have a collection of "goodies" on his half of our shared table no doubt ?

John.
    “An airgun or two”………