Thread: Idaho Bell Target/10m Mter Pistol

Idaho Bell Target/10m Mter Pistol

Here are the last two Bell Target & Ten meter Pistol Match Reports

For more about how we started shooting Bell Target in Idaho, please go to the Airgun Gear Show web site (http://www.airgungear.co.uk) and click on the map of the United States.

December 5, 2012
    Idaho Airgun Field Target Club
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Bell Target & Ten meter Pistol Match Report

“I haven’t done this bad since last month,”Jeff.

Scores of note.
    Dave shot a 29 with his FWB-300. Ron Roberts shot a 28. Ron shoots a non-traditional air gun, a leaser sighted Crosman 1377. Dave shot a ten meter pistol range record 253 (without shooting any Xs). Good shooting, Dave and Ron.

Ball Target 7 Yards, 10 Yards

David Read 29, 24
    Ron Roberts 28, 24
    Jeff Houck 27, 19
    Ash Covey 26, 26
    George Gardner 24, 24
    Ron Gill 21, 22

10 Meter Pistol

David Read 253
    Ron Gill 244 2X
    Jeff Houck 223 2X
    Ash Covey 216
    George Gardner 215 2X
    Ron Roberts 155

January 2, 2013
    Idaho Airgun Field Target Club
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Bell Target & Ten meter Pistol Match Report

“How can you flinch with an air pistol,”Raylene.

Scores of note.
    Jeff shot a 29 at 10 yards with iron sights. Dave and Raylene both shot 28s at 7 yards with iron sights. So, we had our first ever bell target sudden death shoot off. Raylene won the coin toss and shot a 5 without leaving a mark on the target face. Dave wilted and shot a 4. Raylene shot a Diana 75 and Dave shot an FWB-300. Good shooting, Jeff, Raylene and Dave.

Dave and Jeff reported that the sight correction between 10 and 7 yards is 24 and 25 clicks respectively.

Ball Target 7Yards, 10 Yards

Raylene Houck 28, 26
    David Read 28, 26
    Jeff Houck 27, 29
    Ron Gill 25, 26
    Ash Covey 24, 25
    George Gardner 22, 23
    Ron Roberts 21, 20

You may have noticed that Dave and I shot the same score at 10 yards however mine was shot with a scope and Dave’s with irons.

10 Meter Pistol

Jeff Houck 236 1X
    Ash Covey 232
    George Gardner 226 1X
    David Read 221 1X
    Ron Gill 220 2X
    Raylene Houck 210
    Ron Roberts 180 1X

Thanks for reading, Ron Gill

Great shooting Ron - Nice to know Bell Target has international appeal.

We shoot at 6 yards at our club and find that quite a challenge never mind 10yds.

If you ever fancy competing in a Bell Target Match,we would be more than happy to invite your team to our club for the first leg of the competition - your club may need to fund the return match though

keep ring dinging that Ole Bell matey
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Cool Thanks markmac

Thanks markmac. It is the club that does the great shooting.

Read the linked article you’ll find hat we started at 10 yards because most of us had scope sighted FT rifles. Seven yards is for less powerful rifles. Now, with a few more members with 10 meter rifles some are shooting both distances with the same gun. I think it is about 25 clicks of elevation to correct for the change in distance.

Your invitation will be considered at the next club meeting. If we come, we are all staying at your house.

“Matty” is a term seldom used in Idaho. Once, I did go to sea, and visited the Crown Colony of Hong Kong several times. You can assume that it was a few years ago.

Ron

Hi Ron, alas Hong Kong is no longer under the rule of our Sovereign but still has a lot of our colonial heritage intact

I have not visited HK for a couple of years now,but hopefully will have the opportunity later on in the year (business trip) - It is a fantastic place,plenty to do and see.The shopping is excellent but there are only so many suits/shirts/ties and copy watches you can buy from the multitude of street vendors

" Harrow sir, you have lucky face, lucky lucky face - you wan suit?,you wan watch? we do you gud price,my uncle make you luvly suit,only 1000 dollar"
    Life without happiness is no life at all.