Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Bell Target - Now every Thursday night!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You really know how to win friends and endear yourself to people don't you I.J.????

ATB
    Mike
    Sod off!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Sod off!
    I would like to introduce you all to our public relations manager - and a dam fine job he is doing too
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I would like to introduce you all to our public relations manager - and a dam fine job he is doing too
    Well, he's got my support..(hope it doesn't chafe too much)

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Next Thursday 21st Feb is the Thursday in the third week of the month.

This only means one thing if you live in East Lancs - Classic Bell Target night at Rossendale!

January saw a pirate from Rivvington just about scrape a win in a "shoot off" from a home club member that had never shot a rifle before , and this was after he had beaten TC2 in the first "knock-out" round of the match.

He will not win it again - this time it will be won by a home team shooter. TC is so keen not to get his arse kicked again this time that he has rushed out and bought himself a suitable bell ringing tool

John will show his true colours and don a racoon tailed hat to match the feathers on his Model 50 T01........and what about the pmh that so nearly beat the Rivvy pirate last time?.......not so easy next time eh - not now that he has shot a rifle once before!

I didn't think I would take to bell target shooting, nor find it that interesting, but I did and have to admit to thoroughly enjoying it.

Alas, recent tragic circumstances kept me away on Thursday night, and I am not too sure about next week either.

At least you'll all get a rest from my quirks!

Once I get back to normal, and get the diopter sight fitted to my Gat rifle, I'll be giving everyone a run for their money again.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

There will be a welcome for you when you are able to come back to the club again. The last few months has seen a few of us loose a family member so we understand what you are going through and you have our sympathy and support.

Thursday night is Bell Target night at Rossendale.

We still have room for a couple more new members, so if you are interested just come along and have a go any Thursday night from 7 - 10 pm.

If you hear any growling noises or see any scowling on Raymond Boucher's face - its because we will be using the two bell target stands that he painted in nice shiny new Rossendale Red gloss at the work party on Saturday!

No doubt they will be carefully inspected after every shot to make sure neither of them are wounded in any way

We have also bought him a new tin of satin black paint for the forward facing interiors - hopefully to be applied this Saturday - so they will look really smart after the Easter holiday.

More Bell Ringers Needed

Tonight is bell target night - we could do with a couple more regular members to share our nice facilitates and friendly banter with us, so if you are within striking distance of Rossendale and would like to give it a try, please come along tonight (or any Thursday) between 7.00pm and 10.00pm.

This is also a good opportunity to try out a variety of classic rifles, which can be a great help to those thinking of picking up a suitable rifle, but can't quite make their minds up.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    This is also a good opportunity to try out a variety of classic rifles, which can be a great help to those thinking of picking up a suitable rifle, but can't quite make their minds up.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Yeah! You just have to ask Bob, in advance, what rifle you would like to try stating type, colour, model, left/right handed, exact date produced etc etc etc and he probably has one or two examples to let you have a go with.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yeah! You just have to ask Bob, in advance, what rifle you would like to try stating type, colour, model, left/right handed, exact date produced etc etc etc and he probably has one or two examples to let you have a go with.
    Pot calling the kettle methinks

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Pot calling the kettle methinks
    OOh!!! Handbags!!!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    OOh!!! Handbags!!!
    .....now if it were pistols being referred to - that is a different matter !

Use it or Loose it.

We had a very poor turn-out last Thursday for the bell target shooting - in fact so few turned up that we never bothered to get the bell targets setup, we just shot the pistols on the 10 meter cellar range instead

We have to pay the rent for the main hall whether we use it or not, so with no bell target shooters we had no income to pay the rent

Fortunately our pistol shooters raised enough in range fees to pay for the empty main hall upstairs , but this is not something that we will be able to do on a regular basis.

We have a very good bell target set-up and it would be a shame to loose it after working so hard and waiting so long to get the permission to hire the hall, so if you live within striking distance of Rossendale and you would like to support bell target shooting in your area, come along to shoot with us on Thursday nights.

Use it or loose it...