After waiting for over a year to get official clearance I am pleased to let everyone know that following a church committee meeting last night, we now have permission ( should I say blessing?) to use the main hall every Thursday night for Bell Target Shooting at the RMTC.

We have been "testing" the bell target shooting for the last couple of Thursdays to see how we get the hall set-up for it and last week we "tested" it a bit more with the knock-out match we had here with some of the Rivvy lads joining in and basically it went very well.

We have a couple of small detail points that may be a little unique to us - firstly all rifles coming to the club must be secure inside a HARD CASE and not a soft canvas cover that may attract undue attention. This is part of the deal, and to be honest we have no problems complying with this rule if it helps us to secure the facility.

Secondly we need to make a really good job of cleaning up when we finish as the hall is also used for mother and baby and pre-school groups so we have to make sure no lead pellets (new or used) are left anywhere - so basically we need to make sure we sweep and vac the floor and stage area very carefully when we have finished shooting after each session. Being tidy is not a bad thing and we have no problems with this requirement either.

We will always have ball target shooting ( to the new East Lancs rules) at our club every Thursday night - and we hope it will be well attended to make the long wait worthwhile! The 10 meter pistol range will also remain open on Thursdays and Tuesdays and the range fee is £4 per night for RMTC members.

Anyone interested should contact me by PM.